This is not another Italian restaurant.  It is a farm to table culinary delight with an Italian accent, but a generally continental flair.  I had what was unquestionably the best pork chop dinner I have experienced in my nearly 3 years in Boquete.  Imagine a 2 inch thick chop that cuts like butter!  Add to that a compliment of flavor from herbs and spices and a balsamic (?) sauce that just turns it all into heaven in your mouth.  The roasted veggies and potatoes were a very nice accompaniment, but Jeez, that pork chop was to die for. 

The restaurant is nicely appointed, the staff is attentive, and David and Ziling are so gracious; I wish them the best with this venture.  An excellent addition to Boquete! 

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Ok, so I was NOT enthusiastic about yet another Italian Restuarnt opening in our little pueblo.  I really never thought Mangos was very "gourmet" just the one of the only "upscale" places to eat.

I had limited expectations for Retrogusto, and waited for their lunch offeringing to make an opinion.  I went today for a Christmas luncheon with 10 friends.  It was VERY good!  The fix price lunch was fabulous!  A choice of an appetizer, or soup, or salad.  3

entrees which today was  a linguine offering, a whole fried fish Mediterranean, or a beef filet.  Followed by a pinapple and ice cream desert.  Everything was served HOT. And at the same time......did I say there where 10 of us for lunch?

Great job and great food!

i will go back for more of the same.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Carol said:

Ok, so I was NOT enthusiastic about yet another Italian Restuarnt opening in our little pueblo.  I really never thought Mangos was very "gourmet" just the one of the only "upscale" places to eat.

I had limited expectations for Retrogusto, and waited for their lunch offeringing to make an opinion.  I went today for a Christmas luncheon with 10 friends.  It was VERY good!  The fix price lunch was fabulous!  A choice of an appetizer, or soup, or salad.  3

entrees which today was  a linguine offering, a whole fried fish Mediterranean, or a beef filet.  Followed by a pinapple and ice cream desert.  Everything was served HOT. And at the same time......did I say there where 10 of us for lunch?

Great job and great food!

i will go back for more of the same.

Thanks Carol, I value your critique.