Sunday Films - 1pm at Cafe La Villa (BCP Center) - "The Living Sea" + "Planet Ocean"

NewsLady

Movie starts at 1pm, and food, drinks and popcorn will be available from Cafe La Villa.  (If you like, you can bring cushions for the hard restaurant chairs, or folding/camp chairs for more comfort.)  There is no admission charge, but we ask for voluntary donations to support the film club and help to pay for the video system. 

----- 

I plan to present a documentary film or two once per month.  This Sunday, December 18, we will be watching two beautiful films on the oceans and their role in supporting humanity and our modern civilization. 

1st Film...

"The Living Sea" is a "short" film - a 40 minute documentary that celebrates the earth's oceans, including their beauty, diversity and importance to life on earth.  Filmed in locations around the world, it explores our relationship with this complex and fragile environment.  I first viewed this documentary at the IMAX theater in the planetarium at Balboa Park in San Diego, California.  The beautiful cinematography, lyrical and moving narration by Meryl Streep,combined with music by Sting - including my favorite Sting song "Fragile" made for a wonderful cinematic.  It was also a learning experience that I want to share with those of you who can attend the screening this coming Sunday.  

Link to trailer

movie1.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd Film...

"Planet Ocean":  Some of the cinematography of the natural world in "Planet Ocean" is truly spectacular and beautiful - fine art from the hand of nature.  Planet Ocean is a 90-minute documentary that premiered as a presentation at Earth Summit 2012 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Planet Ocean captures extraordinary images of the earth's oceans, which are the source of all life on our planet.  The film attempts to explain some of the planets greatest natural mysteries, while reinforcing how essential it is that humans learn to live in harmony with our oceans. "Planet Ocean" serves as a reminder of the bond between humans and nature, and the duty that exists to protect and respect our planet.  ( I may do some editing to keep within our 2-hour time limit - but this film is available on YouTube for anyone to watch. for free)   

Link to trailer 

movie2.jpg

Edited by NewsLady