For Immediate Release

BOQUETE, PANAMA, May 14 – Longtime Boquete resident and author, Demetrius Koubourlis, announces his compelling new book, My Ailing Champion: A Memoir (Publication date: June 1, 2024).

image.png.cdf9459b7fe8713e62a890339417883c.png

My Ailing Champion details the harsh environment of the Nazi occupation in Greece and the many obstacles the author faced to get an education in the post-WW II years. Ultimately, the family beat up the author and tossed him into the streets hungry and penniless, robbing him of his education dream forever. It was for America to throw a lifeline and enable the author to get an education, even a Ph.D. In this sometimes tragic yet sometimes humorous memoir, the author expresses his deep gratitude for a chance at the American Dream and bemoans the current state of America, his ailing champion.

Advance praise for My Ailing Champion:

·       Pointed, pained, touching account of coming to America for learning and freedom.” – Booklife (Click here for the entire Booklife review)

·       “… the book’s narrative offers an inspirational read when it’s focused on the author’s personal triumphs. The author employs an accessible, engaging style that’s distinct from that of his peer-reviewed, academic writings…An often absorbing, if occasionally polemic, immigration remembrance and defense of the American dream.” – Kirkus Reviews (Click here for the entire Kirkus Reviews review)

·       “A dreamer's vicissitudes and the agony of coming of age in Greece.” – Chris Poulos

·       "An interesting book about a man who has lived long and seen much. Thought provoking and highly intellectual." – Lisa Whitehead

·       “A very well-written life story.” – Rex Sheppard

My Ailing Champion is now available for pre-order on Amazon (Amazon Pre-Order Link ), and will be available in paperback on Amazon and at fine booksellers everywhere after June 1st.

For more information, visit the author’s website, https://www.koubourlisbooks.com/