A new U.S. warden for Boquete

NewsLady

To U.S. Citizens living in Boquete and surrounding communities:

As you know, our Boquete Warden for the U.S. Embassy, Price Peterson, has decided to step aside after many years of providing wonderful support to us all.

Recently I interviewed for the position and was chosen to be the new U.S. Warden for Boquete. I look forward to being a liaison between you and the U.S. Embassy in your time of need.

For those of you who do not know me, I would like to tell you a little about myself. I am bilingual; I was born in Colombia and lived throughout South and Central America before I moved to the U.S. at age 16. Shortly after graduating high school I served in the Army in Viet Nam. Once home from Viet Nam I entered college and haven't stopped taking courses. I will finish a law degree at ISAE University in David on May 1, 2016.

My work background covers a wide gamut: law enforcement, private investigations, water and waste water management and engineering, instruction at a law enforcement academy, and property management.

The Citizens Services Chief at the U.S. Embassy suggested adding the position of an Alternate Warden so there is always at least one person here to assist you. I am very pleased to announce that, at my request, Bonnie Williams has accepted this position. Many of you are familiar with Bonnie from Bid4Boquete. She has given of herself to this community for years. Prior to relocating to Boquete in early 2007 from Tallahassee, Florida, Bonnie served as the Executive Director of the Florida Commission on Ethics, where she first was employed in 1974. She holds a B.A. from Indiana University and graduate degrees from Florida State University.

Bonnie and I look forward to serving you. We have many thoughts and ideas on keeping you informed and supporting your needs. Once we have been oriented into this position, we plan to communicate with you on a regular basis.

Please feel free to contact us. I have established an email account specifically for this position.

Hank Landis, Boquete Warden for U.S. Citizens