CranioSacral Therapy and Somatic Exercise.

NewsLady

"Recently I once again began doing Upledger CranioSacral Therapy. In the states I was a licensed Massage Therapist in Florida for 30 years. The last style of therapeutic touch I performed was CranioSacral. It is an extremely gentle hands- on therapy created by the late John Upledger, an Osteopathic physician. Dr. John founded the Upledger Institute based in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, which conducts seminars world-wide. Several years ago, pre-quarantine, I took my fourth training re-Certifying me to do the 10 Step Protocol in San Jose, Costa Rica."

The 10 Step Protocol is very specific and can be likened to energy work. However, it is different from Reiki and similar modalities, in that it is scientifically based and very specific. 
Its purpose is to balance and relax the central nervous system to catalyze the Cranial Sacral System's natural healing ability. It is the opposite of deep tissue massage whose objective is to "fix" the body by force. The healing objective of CranioSacral is to strengthen the flow of Cranial Sacral fluid within the spine and cranium through deep relaxation and naturally opening to healing and change. It is very meditative and requires sensitivity on the part of both the receiver and practitioner. The recipient is comfortably clothed, oils or lotions are not used, and the touch of the practitioner is extremely light [a nickel's weight of pressure] and non-invasive. The total body is involved in the session, but hand positions on the spine and head are the primary focus.

For a sensitive person seeking to be catalyzed on his or her healing path, it is very subtle and has the power to be extremely relaxing, balancing and effective. By easing blockages in the flow of the cranial sacral fluid, tension is reduced & painful areas of the body can be soothed and integrated with the total organism. For greater attention to specific problem areas, therapeutic massage techniques may also be included in the session.

Recommendation- "I am a 72-year-old woman with osteoarthritis who has had joint replacements, compressed discs in my neck, and recently a broken ankle. In each instance, I exercised to maintain my flexibility, strength, & balance. It is not always easy to accomplish this, but I find that CranioSacral treatments from Suzanna have helped me achieve my wellness goals.  Her treatments leave me feeling comfortable and balanced.  Compared to costs for this kind of exacting treatment in the US, Suzanna's prices are very reasonable.  It is my intention to continue receiving CranioSacral work from Suzanna on a regular basis." - MS,  retired Geologist and lover of Boquete

One 60-75 minute session is $35. To schedule an appointment or to inquire regarding your specific situation, do email me at suzeclare@gmail.com 
And please know my preferred [and sole] method of communication is email. 
Always...Toward Greater Health and Well-Being, Suzanna Clare. 

P.S. CranioSacral Therapy is a great compliment to Somatic Exercise, the other modality/passion I offer. Both are very gentle, transformational and relaxing.  A major difference between them is that Somatic exercise is active on the part of the recipient, whereas CranioSacral therapy is passive.  Sessions of 1/2 Somatic Exercise and 1/2 hands-on Therapy are also available. 
One session is $30.00.

"A Master Instructor, I have 30 years experience teaching a myriad of exercise modalities. Certified in both Pilates and Yoga, and a former Personal Trainer, I also was a student & practitioner of several Somatic Exercise therapies, including the Feldenkrais Method, Continuum Movement and Clinical Somatics. Prior to the quarantine, I taught group and private Pilates Classes at the Haven for 8 years."

Student Comments- "I had several reasons for doing Somatic Exercise. A longtime yogini I really wanted some new exercises to supplement my daily routine. Two, I was attracted to the diversity of exercises Suzanna teaches and was curious about what she had to offer. Totally, I was not disappointed. We easily progressed from doing Clinical Somatics to wall stretches and several flowing yoga movements to doing Pilates using either a stretchy band, magic circle, hand weights and/or roller. Fabulous!  As well as being flexible, I like building core strength and muscle. Recently, Suzanna suggested we do a 1/2 and 1/2 class- dividing our exercise time with the CranioSacral and now I couldn't be happier. It feels great to have this experience once a week and look forward to each session. They are totally uplifting, deeply revealing and inspiring."- Elaine, an expat from Toronto.

"Looking Forward  to Seeing You Soon. As the Nike's ad says, ``Isn't it time to just DO IT?"
- Suzanna Clare