Expat Bood Bank on Feb 2

Marcelyn, I believe this is in Panama City. There is no National Hospital or Hospital Nacional in David. The "public" hospital there is Hospital Regional. The photo with the story suggests, too, that it's in Panama City. The piece certainly could be clearer.

Let's hope so. My husband having needed blood twice last year, I can testify that the lack of a blood bank in David is a major problem. Expats in Boquete are generous, but we found that everyone here with my husband's blood type had recently donated for someone in David. The doctors had to give him a universal blood type as an emergency measure. Although it probably saved his life, he was allergic to it, creating a whole different set of problems that persisted for weeks. A blood bank seems to me a very basic need for a medical community the size of David, which serves not only the city but many outlying areas.

Edited by Bonnie

4 hours ago, Bonnie said:

Marcelyn, I believe this is in Panama City. There is no National Hospital or Hospital Nacional in David. The "public" hospital there is Hospital Regional. The photo with the story suggests, too, that it's in Panama City. The piece certainly could be clearer.

Hospital Nacional is a small private hospital in the heart of Panama City.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hospital_Nacional

Edited by Keith Woolford