197th Dia de Independencia Celebrations

Schedule of Activities in Boquete Celebrating the 197th Day of Independence from Spain

8:00 p.m. November 24th - Formalities

2:00 p.m. November 25th - Gran Cabalgata

3:00 p.m. November 26th - Folkloric Activities - ATP Stage in the Central plaza

8:00 p.m. November 26th - Osvaldo Ayala and his band - ATP Stage in the Central plaza

7:00 p.m. November 27th - Bomberos Marching Band Parade

8:00 p.m. November 27th - Jorge and Balbino Gomez - ATP Stage in the Central plaza

8:00 a.m. November 28th - Official Ceremonies and Marching Band Competition

8:00 p.m. November 28th - Samy and Sandra Sandoval - ATP Stage in the Central plaza

image.thumb.png.6565287e1d21aef974d6e11c44d3c636.png

Edited by Keith Woolford

20 minutes ago, Keith Woolford said:

Access Routes for Wednesday November 28th

image.png.af48db18f285d0e7dd363e1ffaabadf4.png

Just to make sure I'm understanding this map, because the writing is too small to make out, is access to Belasario Porras from south of town that hairpin turn south of the Terpel Station?

17 minutes ago, Bonnie said:

Just to make sure I'm understanding this map, because the writing is too small to make out, is access to Belasario Porras from south of town that hairpin turn south of the Terpel Station?

The map doesn't show that access point. The sharp right turn to the route at the bottom would be by the Library.

Went into Boquete this afternoon to film the Gran Cabalgata scheduled for a 2:00 start (always a moving target).

This year's horse parade included several Presidential candidates who wanted to 'meet and greet' the locals.

Apparently too much 'glad-handing' occurred in Dolega which was the cause of our delay and by 4:00 the light levels were pretty much gone so I packed up.

Still no start at 4:15 - - - a great sunny day lost.

T I P

Edited by John R Hampton
Destogance.

Yesterday turned into a long day for a lot of people.

The very sad spectator death occurred around the time the Gran Cabalgata finally started at about 4:30 and added a further delay to the parade.

By the end of the day I had to lead a group of riders returning home up Volcancito Road in the dark with a vehicle & flashing caution lights.

• Upvote 2