Managing Chronic Pain, Injuries and Body Imbalances

NewsLady

Hello Dear Boquete Resident:

Fine Tuning the Skill of Listening to Your Body/Mind

The skills that you can practice and develop at BodyMind Dojo are applicable to three general types of persons.  Below I give you a brief summary of how this works for each one.

1.  As it applies to the person seeking fitness:

To be able to feel your limits as you use your body in any sport or fitness activity, is a skill that allows the individual to prevent injuries, stress and improve performance.

The Feldenkrais Method, the Alexander Technique, Tai Chi and Chi Gung are methodologies that develop and improve the kinesthetic sense or the ability to sense the body while moving it.

By becoming aware of where your trouble spots are, you can train in a way that avoids exceeding your limitations, while finding ways of extending your range of motion and the quality of movement.

2.  As it applies to the person seeking better health and vitality:

This refers to those concerned by body weight issues or nutritional aspects that may relate to perceived levels of toxicity that affect vitality and wellbeing.

Discovering what is an appropriate level and type of movement oriented activity that will help you is important to prevent setbacks in your quest for vitality and wellness.  There are many options available in the fitness arena these days.  For example, Pilates Training, different modalities of Yoga, Tai Chi, Chi Gung, Jogging and others.

A good place to start is to become more aware of the fitness functionality of your body.  It is better to start slow and learning to assess your potential for the different movement techniques available.  One of the best ways to build up your awareness is to discover your limitations.

Another important aspect is to become aware of how energy flows through your body.  By learning what are the warm-up principles used by Chi Gung and Tai Chi practitioners is a way allowing the wisdom of you body to guide you through your current fitness needs.

The warm-up principles of Chi Gung and Tai Chi can be blended with both the Alexander Technique and the Feldenkrais Method to provide not only a self-assessment guide, but a way of developing inner vitality and mental/emotional strenght.

3.  As it relates to the person that seeks or needs to learn about Pain Management:

If you are living with pain, stress and discomfort, related to chronic poor posture or any kind of injuries produced by un-expected accidents, there is a lot that you can do by yourself.  However, first you need to learn how to pay attention to what your body is communicating to you.

Basically, that is what the Feldenkrais Method, the Alexander Technique and the warm-up routines of Chi Gung and Tai Chi can accomplish for you.

These methodologies can be applied in a group format or in private lessons, depending on your condition and needs.  The objective of these methods is to teach the student how to create space from the inside out and to un-wind the tensions in the body in a systematic way.

The lessons can be performed on the floor, sitting on a chair, an exercise ball or on a massage table.  In other words, these methods can be adapted to the specific needs of your body.

Classes and Treatments Currently Available at BodyMind Dojo:

1.  Feldenkrais/Alexander Group Lessons:
  •  Mondays and Thursdays - 9:00 to 9:55 am
  • Wednesdays - 11:00 to 11:55 am
2.  Knee Improvement Class:
  • Small group (2 persons) class available upon request for those people experiencing knee dysfunction (this group would meet for two hours every other week).
3.  Tai Chi/Chi Kung group class:  This is a new group in formation and I am giving several meeting options based on my current time availability.  I will match these options with the times available from those who are interested to make a final decision.
  • Mondays from 10:15 to 11:00 am
  • Thursdays from 10:15 to 11:00 am
  • Fridays from 8:15 to 9:00 am or
  • Fridays from 9:00 to 9:45 am
4.  Rubenfeld Synergy Treatment:
Generally I offer these one-on-one private lessons to people already attending one of my group movement classes.  You can read more about this option here.  You can request a free assessment through my email account at gbvdco@gmail.com

For more information about fees and other time options, you can also reach me at 6678-3297 directly or by WhatsApp.

Respectfully yours,

Andei
aka
Gilberto Barria Vallarino
Better Body Balance