Mango is no more. The classiest restaurant in Boquete couldn't make it after 2 years of extremely hard work. Craig and Maureen have lost everything.

They may attribute it to issues with the owners around extravagant rental demands.

Personally I believe they were not willing to change their standards to give Boquete what it wanted. There isn't enough of a market in Boquete for the upscale fare they offered. We supported them, as did many others, to get them going and establish a customer base. But with limited working capitol they weren't able to provide the diversity of fare required to attract clientele and sustain the payment of onerous expenses.

I am saddened by their closing, and don't anticipate any immediate investors willing to keep the bar high and provide Boquete with the same quality dining experience.

I wish Craig Miller and Maureen all the best in their next endeavours.

Craig and Maureen are hardworking, dedicated people, and the closing of this well-liked restaurant feels wrong to me. I've heard from successful restaurant operators that one of the keys to their financial prosperity has been "control of the four walls", so the explanation provided, of big rent demands, may be the most correct one.

I hope they will find their footing soon and perhaps get going on a re-start. In the meanwhile, you might try Retrogusto - it is definitely world class.

2 hours ago, Jim Bondoux said:

Craig and Maureen are hardworking, dedicated people, and the closing of this well-liked restaurant feels wrong to me. I've heard from successful restaurant operators that one of the keys to their financial prosperity has been "control of the four walls", so the explanation provided, of big rent demands, may be the most correct one.

I hope they will find their footing soon and perhaps get going on a re-start. In the meanwhile, you might try Retrogusto - it is definitely world class.

Jim, we are having dinner at Retrogusto this week-end. This will be our first time to this restaurant. All verbal reports (like yours) have indicated an excellent rating.