Importing Guns To Panama, Uggggg, Exactly What We Don't Need

Just found this question posed on the Boquete Community FB group regarding the importation of guns to Panama...
Can anyone chime in on the recent legalities of this?                            

Hey all - I recently saw an article on "How To Register A Gun in Panama" that had some good recent info in it. But now it seems that where ever I saw it, it disappeared. Does anyone have any up to date info on bringing guns into the country? The latest article I have found is from August titled " Panama Lifts Ban on Gun Imports amid Rising Crime Wave" -- If you have any info, please let me know -- PM is you like.

John, correct me if I'm wrong, were you not the one who found Marion shot, twice, by home invasion assailants?  How on earth could you support gun ownership after you saw the heinous damage they cause?

Your absurd reply to me contradicting my obvious abhorrence to expats importing guns was, "more people are killed in the US by hammers and clubs than by long guns", meant...  what, exactly?

In addition, you replied to my question to the legality of importation of guns was, " I believe".  Why on earth would you bother making an uninformed comment if you are not sure?

Just pointing out that guns are not the major cause of illegal death in the US.  As for "I believe", that was the information given to me by the gun dealer in David and even he does not know if and when the ban will be lifted.  Let me put this simply for you as you seem to think you should be able to dictate what posessions others have - it is none of your damn business.  BTW, the gun used in recent assaults in this area was an illegal one, so no amount of gun control would have prevented them.  On the other hand, a well-armed polulace might have.  If you need stats, look at gun violence in Chicago (probably the most regulated city in the US) and Huston.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2