Annoying pop up

• Administrators

You must be using Firefox for your browser. If so, then you actually do want to have those notifications. If you are using a browser other than Firefox, then please send a screen capture.

The notifications will show you (in rare instances) when you are in a forum and someone else has just posted a reply that there is a new reply waiting for you to see it. Kind of a neat feature.

11 hours ago, Admin_01 said:

You must be using Firefox for your browser. If so, then you actually do want to have those notifications. If you are using a browser other than Firefox, then please send a screen capture.

The notifications will show you (in rare instances) when you are in a forum and someone else has just posted a reply that there is a new reply waiting for you to see it. Kind of a neat feature.

I use Firefox, and I am not getting those pop-ups.

• Administrators

Then you have either already permitted these notifications or permanently disabled them.

Do you [very infrequently] see a black background notification roll up from the bottom of your dialog window? It will only happen when you are in a forum and someone else posts a reply. All it does is tell you that "XYZ" has posted a reply that is [now] not showing on your screen, and gives you an option to display it. Even if you are entering text for your own reply, it will do its thing and NOT interfere with what you are doing. If you ignore that notification, it will fade away after a few seconds.

This is one of those functionalities that I refer to when I say that this software is very advanced and using the latest in client-server technology. iE does not currently support this feature. Not sure about the other browsers.

6 hours ago, Admin_01 said:

Then you have either already permitted these notifications or permanently disabled them.

Do you [very infrequently] see a black background notification roll up from the bottom of your dialog window? It will only happen when you are in a forum and someone else posts a reply. All it does is tell you that "XYZ" has posted a reply that is [now] not showing on your screen, and gives you an option to display it. Even if you are entering text for your own reply, it will do its thing and NOT interfere with what you are doing. If you ignore that notification, it will fade away after a few seconds.

This is one of those functionalities that I refer to when I say that this software is very advanced and using the latest in client-server technology. iE does not currently support this feature. Not sure about the other browsers.

I do get those notifications at the bottom of the screen.  That doesn't sound like what Bonnie was talking about.  I have no problem with the bottom-appearing notifications.  They aren't frequent or annoying.

• Administrators

Those notifications have to be "turned on". That was what Bonnie was referring to. Yours has obviously been turned on, and so you are not annoyed with the repetitive request to approve or decline.Bonnie's issue was related to her browser, not CL.

I actually find the CL notices that appear at the bottom to be very helpful. Just this morning while on CL preparing some items, I got notification that not one but two postings were waiting to be displayed.