I heard that Hosp. Chiriqui has a new digital mammography machine.  Does anybody know if this is true?  The machines i've seen used by both Chiriqui and Mae Lewis are so old (I saw a calibration sticker on one dated 1996), they give terrible images.

Edited by JudyS

Judy:   I had my mammo done in November and it appeared to be a new machine...came away with a DVD (I guess if IPTV is down I can look at my mammo instead)and an all clear.  $20.  A lot different from the US... $140 and a trip back to the doc for more $$ to get the results.

Bonnie:  I paid Dra.Diaz $44 in January for my Drivers' License statement.  That is what prompted my question to Carol (I wouldn't have a clue how old she was).

Carol:  What is her regular office visit fee after the initial consultation and history-taking?  

1 hour ago, Pederhaney said:

Judy:   I had my mammo done in November and it appeared to be a new machine...came away with a DVD (I guess if IPTV is down I can look at my mammo instead)and an all clear.  $20.  A lot different from the US... $140 and a trip back to the doc for more $$ to get the results.

Thanks.  That's good to know.  It sounds like a much better machine.

Edited by JudyS

Dr. Diaz must have gone up $4 per visit at the beginning of the year because I paid $40 for a license exam in December.

I'm a little surprised that the charge is $44 for a regular visit. Dr. Chen's office has gone up, too, but only from $10 to $15.