130th Spay/Neuter Clinic in Volcan

At this 130th clinic, Dr. Tello sterilized 27 dogs and 15 cats. This brings our total of dogs and cats sterilized to 5,052. http://spaypanama-chiriqui.org/130th.html

Also see the photo album from this clinic at https://photos.app.goo.gl/b1JUd8W316X5PtPi6

Highlights:

I had seen another male dog at the (newer) Berard's, very friendly and loving. He apparently was still another dog that had been dumped in this area, that then became homeless. 

Before the clinic, I gave the dog food from the supply of kibble that I keep in my car. My employee was to find the dog and bring him to the July clinic to be neutered. But on clinic day, the dog was nowhere to be found. Then I talked with the people in Berard's. They said the dog usually didn't come around on Sundays; but later in the afternoon, someone from Berard's called us and said the dog was there! John Gould and I went to get him. I paid to neuter him, and one of our volunteers adopted the sweet dog.

------------------

A young woman brought her two beloved dogs to be spayed. The dogs still had lumps, which she said were from bot-flies (torselos). She had taken the dogs to the local "Dr. Death" (alleged veterinarian), who injected some unknown substance and charged the young woman $50. We found that the site on one of the dogs was infected; in the other dog, the worm was dead but still inside the dog...that can cause a terrible infection if left inside. 

Fortunately, the young woman came to us. With a cost of only $25 each for spaying, there was no extra charge to treat the infected site on the one dog and to remove the dead worm from the other dog.

Our August clinic is already full. For appointments on September 22, call or whatsapp 6640-3171.

Again, my heartfelt thanks to everyone who brings their animals to be sterilized, to our wonderful volunteers, to the people who contribute food and drinks...and of course to Andres Tello, our excellent veterinarian.

• Upvote 1