I use Smart DNS Proxy and overall am very happy with it. One things puzzles me, though. Periodically, without any notice, the IP address requires updating. I find this out only when I can't access my Roku or, bewilderingly, when I can't access Amazon online. It's easy to do by going to the website and clicking on an Activate link, but it's just so curious to me. Can any of you computer types explain why this is?  And, as it took me a while to learn what was wrong and how to rectify the problem, I'm wondering how many other users have the same problem and may have spent money on a serviceman to solve it.

• 5 months later...

The best solution for your query is the VPN to get the dedidicated ip one time and then you IP will not ask for updates. For further details regarding the Proxy and VPN services you can visit VPNRanks.com, Probably Proxy is leaking your DNS i,e why they need frequent updates. VPN hides your IP address and didn't leak DNS. 

Hope this will solve your query.