Boquete Artworks April 2016 Gathering

Admin_01

• Administrators

Dear Friends and Members,

Boquete Artworks invites you to our April Gathering, Friday, April 15th at 10:30 on the third floor of the Boquete Library.

We are honored to present artist Mitch Myers. He will share his great love for art and his pursuit of a wide range of art work throughout his various careers, which include sculpture, painting and ceramics.

Since his arrival in Boquete in November Mitch has concentrated on portraits and will show us how he achieves accuracy in portraiture from real life and photos. In his words: 

“I will share some of the ways I try to achieve accuracy in portraiture. Achieving a likeness depends on the         accuracy of the foundation drawing of the subject. There is a need to get a description of the shape that           contains all the features at the earliest stages. This may not be new for most of the artists but we can               learn from each other. If the drawing is not right no amount of detail will create a greater likeness. There         can be a debate whether accuracy is fine art or just illustration. That will be a debate for a long time to             come. I am not Picasso so I tend toward the illustrative side rather than the interpretive side. I find that         many people are looking for portraits with accurate drawings.”

Please join us this Friday to meet and welcome Mitch Myers and learn more about achieving accuracy in portraiture.

We look forward to seeing all of you again.

Boquete Artworks    

Follow us on Facebook and check out our blog to catch the latest news from us! 

6941551_orig.jpg
P.S. If you no longer wish to receive emails from us, please hit reply and write "unsubscribe" in the subject line. We'll remove you from our list right away. 

--

If replying to this message, reply ONLY to the ORIGINATOR (typically your email application's 'Reply To' function works).

To stop receiving these emails, send a message to news.boquete@gmail.com with the word unsubscribe in the subject line or body of the message.

© 2016, News Boquete. All rights reserved. Public redistribution strictly prohibited without prior written permission.