NYPD offers reward for killers of Panama girl

• Moderators

NYPD offers reward for killers of Panama girl

17.jpg

Posted 30/09/2022

Shayma Roman a 17-year-old Panamanian died Wednesday after receiving two bullet wounds while visiting her grandmother in the Eastern Parkway area of Crown Heights, Brooklyn, United States. 

Police said the shooting occurred at night outside a building when subjects on a motorcycle fired at the group that was at the scene at the time.

Roman's brother said he last saw his younger sister outside their grandmother's apartment building. " I saw them sitting right in front of the house, 20, 30 minutes before, and I got home, after that, I was watching TV and I got a call that she was shot," he said.

Roman's brother said that she went out to talk to his 19-year-old sister Thyma, who was sitting outside. …and that's when it happened. She saw it happen,” he said. Roman, who police believe was an innocent bystander, was the only person shot and killed. The shots were in his arm and chest. She was later pronounced dead at Brookdale Hospital, police said.

Police believe the shooting was gang-related and that another person in the group was being attacked. Roman has no criminal record.

One day after the events, friends laid flowers, lit candles in the place, and launched balloons into the air in his memory.

The NYPD is offering a $3,500 reward for information leading to the arrest of those involved.

https://www.newsroompanama.com/news/nypd-offers-reward-for-killers-of-panama-girl