• Invitation to join Ambassadors
  • Have a Truck?
  • The next General Meeting
  • We are Here for You
  • Tree of Life
  • Our Mission

The Gift of Life
Blood Drive March 6

We are thrilled that 60 people have signed up to donate blood on March 6.  Thanks to all these folks who are Giving the Gift of Life with their precious blood.

Anyone living in the Boquete Health and Hospice service area is eligible to receive blood.  Also, the family members of those who donate blood are also eligible even if they don’t live in our service area but, if they are in one of the David hospitals.  Blood can be made available in a very short time after the request is made on our Blood Help Line (6590-2000).  No longer is there a need to beg family and friends to drive to David to donate blood.

People are also still signing up for the Matching Fund drive.  This program allows a person who cannot donate blood to still help by agreeing to donate a specific amount (their choice) for each pint of blood donated.  This helps cover the expenses of holding the blood drive, which in turn allows those from our community that need blood to get it quickly.  Please consider this option for Giving the Gift of Life!

fbf344c4-50a5-4332-83c8-6094c6203b2a.jpg
Donate to The Gift of Life Fund

The Purple Cloud..........
,,,,,,,rolled into the wonderful Biblioteca de Boquete for the BCP Community Chat on Feb. 18.  This was the first time the new and simplified format for Being Prepared in Boquete for Life and Death, was presented.  It’s been over a year since BHH has been able to have any presentation regarding Being Prepared.  The ‘masked’ audience was so receptive, and words like “excellent” were mixed with applause and many thanks of appreciation to presenters Char Lintz and Joanie Feuerstein. Personal stories and real-life experiences from Boquete were surely motivational in emphasizing the necessity of making an action plan using the reader-friendly guide and in accordance with Panamanian law.  Explaining some distinct differences between Panama and ex-pats’ passport countries, enlightened most participants. We are proud to share that BHH recently established a working relationship with the blood bank at Regional Hospital in David.  The Guide is available for a $10 donation at MBE and at the Tuesday Market.  A PDF version is available for a $5 donation on our website, boquetehealth.org.  We thank BCP, Phil Bennett and our beautiful library for making this venue available to us. 
6b421019-ca23-44ab-ada1-b102c157e360.jpg
c2f5b002-44d8-4186-a9f2-f98ceabe5bea.jpg
5b84ad9e-c2ea-4dea-98ff-7eb93349f526.jpg
Get Your PDF Guide - Donate

1df9472d-7944-42b6-946c-b702cb125dca.jpg
Music’s Ability to Support Health & Wellness
By Art Blevins
Scientific research has shown that music has medicinal value, ranging from the reduction of anxiety to improving brain function in patients with degenerative brain diseases.   Growing from this scientific recognition of the beneficial aspects of music is the wellness trend that is blossoming worldwide.  It is changing the music industry.  And technology is jumping in utilizing biometrics and artificial intelligence to enable music to become a deeply personalized precision medicine. The Magic of Music program at Boquete Health & Hospice is ramping up to focus not only on using music to help patients with degenerative brain diseases but also on music wellness efforts. What exactly do we mean by "wellness"?  And what is the connection between wellness and music?  How will the Magic of Music program at Boquete Health & Hospice be involved?  To answer those questions and to find out more: Click the Button Below to read the full article.
Read the Full Article

5bd2f9670c95db9cdaac4eedc1e79b96.png
First Aid for the Home
The final presentation of BHH First Aid for the Home was presented at the library on February 4, under the auspices of BCP Community Chat.  Bud Huber was generous enough to tape the presentation and it is posted on the BoqueteHealth.org website as well as our YouTube channel and the Boquete Health and Hospice page on Chiriqui Life.  Thank you, Bud, for your time and effort in making the video available to the community

6e05954d-6fb8-4103-b9fa-2cb6eaf98257.jpg
I wonder if …?

•   I wonder if … I or a loved one needed help dealing with a health problem here in Boquete. Who would assist me?
Boquete Health and Hospice.
I would like to be a part of this essential organization. I wonder if   … I could do that?

•  I wonder if… since I do not have the skills to work directly with patients or the dying …. What could I possibly do to be a part of the Volunteers for Boquete Health and Hospice?
With a ride to the Doctors, an assist to the grocery store, a telephone call because someone is lonely, a friendly visit, a meal dropped off at their door, a “Thinking of You” little gift basket appearing? Put up flyers announcing events, shouting out to your friends when there is a Blood Drive, or donations needed for a special purpose.

•   I wonder if… I could greet folks who arrive at the BHH Community Chats… to inform our town of the support they receive from BHH? The BHH Ambassadors do all the “around the edges little things that also matter”.

•  I wonder if someone will answer my email or call to Volunteer for The BHH Ambassadors?”
Yes, I will. Gracias and Stay Safe!
Erin Ross, Chair BHH Ambassadors
6692-1679/WhatsApp
Erinross1@outlook.com

Have a truck?  We need you!
0ca5efbf-eb10-46e6-8dd1-9edb22af56da.jpg
BHH has a number of hospital beds that we loan to people who need them.   In normal times (not COVID) we usually deliver and assemble the bed at the person’s house.  The bed fits in the back of a pick-up.   If you are willing to help with this important job, contact Sally Zigmond at 507-6714-0737 or click the button below to send an email,
Contact Sally

Next General Meeting
The March 10 General Meeting of Boquete Health and Hospice will be another first for the organization.  With technical help from our webmaster, we will hold both an in-person meeting and simultaneously hold a Zoom meeting.  At our February 10 general meeting, we had 25 people attend and there (thankfully) were no problems.  However, several people have mentioned that they would like to be able to actually visit with people outside of the meeting times.  Chris McCall has offered to help make the dual format a reality so both those who are comfortable meeting in person as well as those who would rather stay at home can attend.

c21f33c0-c190-43b2-80f2-5da8b68d94d1.jpg
Watch a Short Video of Our Services

7bcf82bb-5820-4369-9ca4-9d3e2bef1002.jpg
Click Here to Enlarge Tree
Many Thanks to Our Donors
Valerie and Art Green (Repeat Donor)

Our Mission

Our mission is to provide palliative care for the terminally ill in order that they may experience death with dignity and limited pain; to inform and promote community health; and, to support people with health and wellness needs by providing information, equipment and volunteer services.

To Make a Donation
 BHHF functions with donations provided by the community. If you are interested in supporting the work we do, please make a donation.

To make a financial contribution by check or cash contact Merl Will-Wallace,our treasurer,at dharma49@icloud.com to arrange a time and place to pick up your donation.

You can also click here to make an online Paypal donation.

For more information visit our website: http://www.boquetehealth.org

We also have a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/boqueteheartshandsandhelp/?ref=bookmarks  Please Like our page and share the contents with your family and friends.

Confidentiality
All patient information shared with any Boquete Health and Hospice volunteer is kept in the strictest confidence.

To Contact Us

Hospice/Health:  (507) 6781-9250
8am to 5pm Monday to Friday,  9am to 1pm Saturday and Sunday    Please!

Blood Donor Program: 
WhatApp (507)-6590-2000 or call (507)-6781-9250 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday,  9am to 1pm Saturday and Sunday, Please.

Email:  info@boquetehealth.org

Freely send this to anyone, use any part.

Our mailing address is:
info@boquetehealth.org

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Thank you

This email was sent to boquetehealthandhospice@gmail.com
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
Boquete Health and Hospice · Bajo Boquete · Boquete · Panama

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp