Who Is In This Picture?

5 hours ago, Dottie Atwater said:

On the Home page, one of the revolving pictures is of a young Panamanian boy in a white coat bowing down to serve appetizers to a blond expat woman. Personally, I do not like a picture that seems to present a Panamanian as subservient. 

If I'm not mistaken, the lady in the photo you refer to is Myrna Meza, a Panamanian and Lee Zelltzer's companion.

Now that I know the "story" behind this, the picture doesn't bother me. An email from someone who should know:

"The photo was a ripoff from Lee's blog (with zero credit as to the source by ning). It was a birthday party for Mimi someone, acquaintances of Lee and Jennifer (before she left). http://www.boqueteguide.com/?p=12268

1 hour ago, Dottie Atwater said:

Now that I know the "story" behind this, the picture doesn't bother me. An email from someone who should know:

"The photo was a ripoff from Lee's blog (with zero credit as to the source by ning). It was a birthday party for Mimi someone, acquaintances of Lee and Jennifer (before she left). http://www.boqueteguide.com/?p=12268

With all due respect, and as much as I agree that the boquete.ning site has gone seriously sideways, is making statements or asking inflammatory questions like "Ning is racist?", which seem to be based solely on false assumptions, productive to anyone?

Edited by Keith Woolford
  • Upvote 3

I have to agree.  While I admit to watching Ning devolve from nicey nice to all out flame wars, I do not think running Ning down serves any useful purpose.   I believe most of us here are here in part because Ning no longer offers the community resource and forum it once was.

I say lets do better and try not to drag this forum down to that level.  Afterall, we are the architects of a new forum and it can be so much more if we look ahead rather than behind.

• Upvote 3