A public meeting will be held in the Arco Iris room at the Fairgrounds on Saturday September 16th at 2:00 p.m.

The purpose of the assembly is to receive community input in order to formulate a Strategic Plan for the years 2018 to 2022.

consulta.thumb.jpg.3bde1d6738a915bbcd8e6d89e6ed8a9c.jpg

Undoubtedly, there will be some who will want to turn the meeting into a bitch session about current water and road conditions.

Edited by Keith Woolford
  • Upvote 1

As a newbie here, my Spanish skills are still insufficient to make it worthwhile for me to attend. But, I would love to learn of any new plans or projects.  If I could suggest one improvement it would be to add additional waste containers, and educate people on using them. 

Will there be someone willing to publish items of concern or interests in English?  CL would be a nice place to find out what is planned....hint, hint. 

Here's a computer generated translation of the Mayor's report on the Planning Session.

CITIZEN CONSULTATION IN BOQUETE, convened by the Mayor, Councillors, and the MINISTRY OF ECONOMY AND FINANCE (MEF)

On the afternoon of Saturday the 16th of September, the second public consultation took place in order to comply faithfully with requirements established by the entities that govern the funds of decentralization and allows investment in projects suggested by the community.

With a show of hands and the approval of the attendees, the District will now wait for citizen consultations in each corregemiento to make it's submission to their authorities (Councillors), to choose projects that will benefit the inhabitants of the different communities of the corregimientos.

We are aware that it is a job where all parties play an important role in the development of our district, why now, thanks to the application of the rules that govern the National Decentralization Secretariat, communities can be part of the solutions in coordination with local authorities, stressed the mayor of Boquete Lic. Emigdio Walker Vasquez.

Public Relations Department