There Is An Excellent Recycling Facility in David

NewsLady

image.png.305deb87f0358abd75747b8657ae2bdd.png

Reciclajes Rodespal, S.A. accepts paper, corrugated containers, Tetra Paks, batteries, aluminum cans, metal objects including aluminum, and clear glass bottles. They are open from 8AM to 12Noon and from 1PM to 4PM Monday – Saturday.

52 minutes ago, Marcelyn said:

Maybe we can get help from the David Recycling Facility on how to establish this function in Boquete.

Has anyone spoken with the Mayor to see if there might already be plans in the works ?

The last recycling place here was a private enterprise, as is the one referenced in David.

Edited by Keith Woolford

This is what drives me crazy about recycling centers: they're constantly changing what they will and won't take. Once you load your car up with all this stuff, it's a real pain to have to take it back home and dispose of it some other way. Don't get me wrong. It's better than the alternative of not recycling. But it does little to encourage it. Recycling needs to be as easy as possible.

49 minutes ago, Bonnie said:

This is what drives me crazy about recycling centers: they're constantly changing what they will and won't take. Once you load your car up with all this stuff, it's a real pain to have to take it back home and dispose of it some other way. Don't get me wrong. It's better than the alternative of not recycling. But it does little to encourage it. Recycling needs to be as easy as possible.

They take whatever they have a buyer for.  That changes, so that's why they stop taking certain things, then start taking them again.

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Bonnie said:

Bonnie totally agree. But it is what it is.

Just a matter of time and it will get better.

If not, Mother Nature will see to it, if humans do not.

Just look at the horrific climate conditions around the world in just the last 10 days!

14 hours ago, JudyS said:

They take whatever they have a buyer for.  That changes, so that's why they stop taking certain things, then start taking them again.

I realize that. It's not the business I'm criticizing. It's the lack of planning and organization underlying this crucial recyle movement. If the world is serious about recycling, buyers for recycled material must be developed. People are not going to participate in great numbers if they go to the trouble to separate out recyclables and deliver them to a facility (in this case some distance away) only to have them rejected. This is exacerbated in places like Panama where there is no effort or means of noticing people what will and will not be accepted at any given time. As Two Sailors say, perhaps it will get better.

I am really disappointed in how this recycling thing is going. Who gives a rip whether there is a recycling place n David? I don't care whether it is a good one or a bad one. I am in Boquete. Are you expecting me to go to David to recycle my discards? What about the fuel required to do that? Not to mention the time, and then only certain items are accepted. Get real.

And no feedback about the recent recycling meeting at the library, it appears that is a dead effort.

Let the do gooders do some good here in Boquete. Until then, my discards are going into the city trash.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Marcelyn said:

Maybe the City could provide weekly pick-up of recycles at same time as garbage collection.

If recycling products is a money maker, perhaps the road repair fund could benefit.

Did you suggest this to the mayor?  That would be a start.

Private recycling centers have to make a profit in order to survive, and even with "free donations" of items, it's not that easy to do.  If it were, there would be plenty of them around here.

Until Panama has the will and the funds to subsidize a recycling program, it may be a continuing challenge.