Amazon and the Box Shop

I have had very good luck with the Box Shop. I ordered last night from Amazon and requested the smallest possible package to avoid volumetric charges and they said they would. This was done without a phone call. Go to your account, then help, then more help, then brief description.

r.html?C=3GG4DES2VDURU&K=A2VEXBVCKMVS5D&R=26NQAKWTXS2P8&T=O&U=https%3A%2F%2Fimages-na.ssl-images-amazon.com%2Fimages%2FG%2F01%2Fnav%2Ftransp.gif&A=E0SBHRCTEJZSIIYGWMWV2BS8RAMA&H=YOSZAW6BAB2KXUFLU0HMGMWMTO4A&ref_=pe_584750_33951330_opens
Amazon
Your Account Amazon.com
Message From Customer Service
Hello,

I understand your concern regarding the packing.

To make this right for you,I've forwarded the request to our packaging department and I know they will take the necessary action to pack your items in smallest possible package.

If you've charged for volumetric forwarding charges, Please let us know and we will help you with a full refund.

Please visit the following link to provide the information we requested:

http://www.amazon.com/contact-us

Thanks a lot for your kind patience! We value your business a lot, and look forward to seeing you again soon!

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the buttons below to vote about your experience today.

Best regards,
Athira Biju.
Amazon.com
  • Like 1

Just read that Walmart and Google are teaming up to challenge Amazon in the online shopping game.

Walmart partners with Google on voice-activated shopping

Program will allow consumers to order Walmart products via Google-powered smart speakers and cellphones

By Pete Evans, CBC News Posted: Aug 23, 2017 9:26 AM ET Last Updated: Aug 23, 2017 2:47 PM ET

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/walmart-google-1.4258588

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, DRC said:

I have had very good luck with the Box Shop. I ordered last night from Amazon and requested the smallest possible package to avoid volumetric charges and they said they would. This was done without a phone call. Go to your account, then help, then more help, then brief description.

r.html?C=3GG4DES2VDURU&K=A2VEXBVCKMVS5D&R=26NQAKWTXS2P8&T=O&U=https%3A%2F%2Fimages-na.ssl-images-amazon.com%2Fimages%2FG%2F01%2Fnav%2Ftransp.gif&A=E0SBHRCTEJZSIIYGWMWV2BS8RAMA&H=YOSZAW6BAB2KXUFLU0HMGMWMTO4A&ref_=pe_584750_33951330_opens
Amazon
Your Account Amazon.com
Message From Customer Service
Hello,

I understand your concern regarding the packing.

To make this right for you,I've forwarded the request to our packaging department and I know they will take the necessary action to pack your items in smallest possible package.

If you've charged for volumetric forwarding charges, Please let us know and we will help you with a full refund.

Please visit the following link to provide the information we requested:

http://www.amazon.com/contact-us

Thanks a lot for your kind patience! We value your business a lot, and look forward to seeing you again soon!

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the buttons below to vote about your experience today.

Best regards,
Athira Biju.
Amazon.com

You don't see this kind of response often. Amazon and American Express have the best customer service I've ever experienced. Neither ever disappointed me.

Edited by Bonnie
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Keith Woolford said:

Just read that Walmart and Google are teaming up to challenge Amazon in the online shopping game.

Walmart partners with Google on voice-activated shopping

Program will allow consumers to order Walmart products via Google-powered smart speakers and cellphones

By Pete Evans, CBC News Posted: Aug 23, 2017 9:26 AM ET Last Updated: Aug 23, 2017 2:47 PM ET

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/walmart-google-1.4258588

They don't have a chance. Let's just say, Walfarts reputation is not the best!

I'm not a fan of voice-activated technology because of privacy concerns, but Google and Walmart have some pretty deep pockets. In the new "Internet of Things", the ease of ordering groceries or Christmas presents from your recliner is undoubtedly a growing trend.  

It may not have near-term impact in Panama, but companies have every incentive to make it easier to buy or use their products.  Competition helps the consumer. If Goo-Mart (great nickname, by the way) can deliver the same product at a lower price, our grandkids will use them. Probably while driving...

Did you accomplish this as you were placing an order, or what? Today, not ordering anything, I went to my account and then help, more help, and couldn't find anything about avoiding volume weight charges. I am really tired of Amazon about this. Plus, they will ship a single order from more than one warehouse (and in big boxes), costing even more to ship to Panama.

• 3 months later...

I have just signed us up for a service that will repack orders delivered from any vendor into a consolidated box and also offers discounted shipping rates given their volume contracts.  U.S. Global Mail out of Houston.  They also offer a  mail scan of hard copy with email service.  Not expensive.  Provides us with a street address, etc. to maintain our 'presence' in the U.S.  Highly rated and used by thousands of expats globally.  We don't intend on getting much snail mail or ordering gobs of stuff online once we are in Boquete, but want to be ready just in case.