I just received a notice regarding our current health insurer, Blue Cross Blue Shield, providing global health insurance.  They have a direct bill relationship now with Mae Lewis in David but only one doctor so far, a surgeon, Dr. Jose Isabel Gonzales Moreno.  It is indicated as 'travel coverage' so it may have time limitations and not apply to current residents.  I will look into this.  Anyone have experience with this?    

Edited by Panawanna

I did confirm that it has no time limit.  And it is underwritten by World Wide (found that in the very small print).  I was told as long as we keep our current policy in force, we would receive the same benefits even if we are out of the country for one year or more.  I'll reconfirm that time limit thing before banking on that.

Yep, you're on the right track.  If you are going to count on that, you need to explicitly describe your planned living circumstance to Blue Shield and then get an equally explicit response from them that they will cover you at Mae Lewis for any condition by any doctor.  Otherwise, you are rolling the dice.