Moderator comment: this posting and the associated replies were split out from a different topic because the content went off-topic. The subject of the source topic was delays in bringing items in through customs.

On 6/23/2017 at 7:56 AM, JudyS said:

Panama also teaches patience.  If you can't learn to be patient about many things, you won't survive here, and you will leave.  Amazingly, a lot of things that you need to be patient and wait for eventually get done (like patching potholes in the roads, maybe even paving the roads in town - it will get done, eventually.)

Dan, I'm so sorry you're leaving.  I never met you, but you provided great service fixing my  computer problems. You did that remotely, so maybe you can also do it from Spain, or wherever you're going.  Good luck on your new adventure.

Off topic:  Why are so many people moving to Spain?  What is the attraction?  The power stays on?  What?

I agree on the patience factor.....especially with the potholes. It helps to have eyes like an eagle and a good memory.

car-in-a-hole-004.jpg

Edited by Admin_01
Embeddinig of reference in preparation for splitting off this posting
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Brundageba said:

Yes Judy, if you notice they seem to grow fairly quickly. There are about 5 in a row on the hwy coming up to Boquete from Brisas.  A few look like they could cause some serious tire damage.

Those were common on the old road, before they built the highway.  The highway has held up for a long time, no potholes.  But now they are happening and can be hazardous,  I hope they fix these soon, and not when they get a

Tuit.jpg.857626e1e678c5fb03b9469d0b77bbc7.jpg

Edited by JudyS

Concerning the pot holes. We have only just begun. With the inordinate amount of rain we have had this year the ground is totally saturated. This is what is causing the pot holes and until the ground water level goes down it is impossible to fix these properly. So be aware and patient and pray for a dry spell before the rains come in Sept.-Oct.

2 hours ago, BlueBird said:

Maybe I missed something? 

Why the postings on pot holes in the Delays in Customs category? Is the message that Customs is a pot hole?  Need help to understand.

It has to do with PATIENCE.  As was mentioned in a previous post: all things take time to iron out...pot holes were mentioned.  My response had to do with the amount of PATIENCE necessary.....pot hole given as an example of stretching patience to the max.   Yah.. a tad convoluted I admit....

• Upvote 1

I agree with BlueBird. Both potholes and patience are off-subject and, IMO, should be split off into their own categories. This category is about the significant development of delays in the importation of medications and other merchandise because of new customs regulations. It should not be cluttered up with extraneous topics.

• Upvote 1

• Admin_01 changed the title to Patience and Pot Holes