Solar Panel Installation at GAGO

The GAGO Brothers purchasing centre and adjoining Casa de Jamon occupies what used to be the Valle Escondido cabinet shop in Alto Boquete.

Anyone who's been inside the store knows they keep it cool enough to fog all the windows and have the cashier wearing a ski jacket. That amount of cooling consumes a lot of energy.

The roofs of the warehouse and new parking area are now covered with solar panels, installed by Tecnologia Eolica, which, like GAGO Bros., is a Spanish company. The businesses may even be related, I don't know.

This is the 255 KW installation at Casa de Jamon's main location in Costa del Este in Panama. The info comes from a brochure I picked up at the store here.

solarA.thumb.jpg.11a54ea46903f498dc4c1785e2f4cdbf.jpg

solar1.jpg.218cb5a02f99fe181b52203c0b4ab2dc.jpg

solar23.thumb.jpg.2958f0699bfb5701cd696881fbc91be5.jpg

http://www.tecnologiaeolica.com/panama.html

Imagine how much that cost....  Boggles the mind.  Produces 383,000 KWH/yr.  1000 solar panels !    Consider that . When I think about it, how can any facility use that much electricity?  ( Wonder if it affects the price of the ham they sell.......whatcha think.?!?)  

7 minutes ago, Brundageba said:

( Wonder if it affects the price of the ham they sell.......whatcha think.?!?)  

The pricing at Gago is really interesting.  Some things are priced in the ozone and other things are low compared to anywhere else in Chiriqui.  There is one item that we buy there regularly that is half the price of any other stores selling it.  I won't tell what it is because they would jack the price if they read CL.

• Upvote 1