Exterminator / mouse dropping advice needed

Hi all. Truly Nolan is coming to deal with mouse infestation in my attic. According to my husband, they don't clean up the droppings. It's a drywall ceiling so he's planning on putting boards up there to crawl around and just spraying bleach or tea tree oil on it all and leaving it there. Can that work? Doesn't sound good to me. Do any of you know someone who knows what they are doing and can remove the droppings for us? Thank you all 

• Admin_01 changed the title to Exterminator/mouse dropping advice needed

Mouse droppings can contain hanta virus.  Not a good idea to be crawling around up there and breathing in the dust.  If you decide to clean them up yourself, find some kind of a good quality mask to wear.  Do they have hazmat people here?

• Moderator_02 changed the title to Exterminator / mouse dropping advice needed
8 hours ago, JudyS said:

Mouse droppings can contain hanta virus.  Not a good idea to be crawling around up there and breathing in the dust.  If you decide to clean them up yourself, find some kind of a good quality mask to wear.  Do they have hazmat people here?

JudyS

As of today looks like the mice with hanta virus are located in the Azuero Peninzula mostly but extra care is a good idea.   I dont know if using a vacuum cleaner that comes with water tank will be good because the water trap the fine dust that the filters cant retain.  A good quality mask to wear is good idea too.  

I think there are some hazmat people here under the Fire Department and Sinaproc administration but mostly for industrial problems.  

• Upvote 1