5 minutes ago, Penny said:

While driving by Alto Dorado this morning I noticed that the "Casa de Jamon" is no longer on the Gago building. And it looked like it was closed. Did they go out of business?

I shopped there last Thursday and they had a delivery of steel and a welding crew making what looked like an awning for the front of the building.  They may have just temporarily removed their sign.   I hope!

They're closed on Mondays.

Edited by Siempre Soluciones

22 minutes ago, Bonnie said:

The Casa de Cerdo across from Melo suddenly is gone. I went by last Thursday. Closed up, no sign. Boo hoo.

Yes, the owner asked from day one to help get Panamanians to shop there because he knew that their business couldn't survive on gringos alone.

They are constructing another building on the property in David where the original store is, perhaps they're expanding there.

1 hour ago, Bonnie said:

The Casa de Cerdo across from Melo suddenly is gone. I went by last Thursday. Closed up, no sign. Boo hoo.

Bonnie - this was the sign that was posted in February. I have bought meat from the owner in early March at the Tuesday Market.

sign.jpg

Casa de Jamon is building a carport/parking shelter in front of their door - the rainy season is on its way. They are fully stocked, just closed on Mondays.

As to Casa de Cerdo, the owner told me that the relatively low turnover of the Boquete store tended to degrade the quality of the product, since it had to remain in inventory and lose its freshness. He has a tenant for the small building by his front door to his David store, who will be putting in a small coffee shop.

1 hour ago, PanamaRon said:

You should be able to find them beside Finca Santa Marta's organic produce display at the Tuesday Market unless...  ;-)

I went to the Tuesday Market to pick up some food from Cajun Eric and look for the Casa de Cerdo folks. They were late in arriving, but they had a good supply. I got some beautiful baby back ribs and and nice pork tenderloin for under $15. I'm so glad they're still around, and I hope everyone will support them.