What the heck is going on with traffic in Boquete?

I'm just curious as to what is going on in Boqueteville over the past several days -- essentially since last Thursday. Every time we go into or through town to run errands or go to our Spanish class, the traffic has been considerably heavier (i.e., worse) than normal. It is almost bordering on the same levels as during the annual feria. For the most part they are driving incredibly slowly, at times 2 to 3 KPH. And the driving/courtesy protocol seems to be much worse -- stopping wherever and whenever they wish to chat with fellow drivers (still in the middle of the street) thus blocking both directions, or to talk with pedestrians on the sides of the streets (I wish I could say on the sidewalks, but that is another topic). And ignoring the stop signs, etc., etc.

I know, I am grousing. But it is noticeably worse over the past several days. I discount the carnaval festivities because Boquete has no such activities.

1 hour ago, Bud said:

I know, I am grousing. But it is noticeably worse over the past several days. I discount the carnaval festivities because Boquete has no such activities.

Bud -- you don't get it. They're here to avoid Carnaval; not to participate in it.

4 hours ago, Keith Woolford said:

Carnaval

3 hours ago, Penny said:

Bud -- you don't get it. They're here to avoid Carnaval; not to participate in it.

3 hours ago, Bonnie said:

People come to Boquete to get away from Carnaval, I understand.

Thanks to all. Now I understand.