Eye Glasses

I spent my career with Carl Zeiss Meditec, selling / marketing various diagnostic and surgical equipment and devices to the global ophthalmology community.  But Zeiss also has the Zeiss Optical division that makes various optical lenses of different materials, including glass -- high index and otherwise.  You may have been recommended plastic lenses earlier if your prescription is high -- meaning lots of base material needed to make the corrections.  If that's not the case, and if you've worn glass lenses in the past (also need to consider frame size and weight along with style), then maybe you can get them again.  Before going to David I'd check the optician shop next to eShop just to see if they can give you options..  Not sure if that's Lopez Optical or some other place.  Wish I could be more help.  Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2017 at 7:46 AM, Bonnie said:

The optical shop in Boquete, near eShop and Union Fenosa/Western Union, is Vega Optical. They also have offices in David.

Bonnie & Dennis,

I stopped by Vega Optical and unfortunately they do not offer glass lenses.  They can't special order them from Panama City.