There's a new coffee shop in Boquete.  It's located in the same building at the old location of the Boquete Sandwich Shop at the bridge by the feria as indicated in the attached map.

They've got an array of pastries, cakes, pies, and cookies on display.  Pieces of cake and pie begin at $1 each.

I can't recall the exact name but it's "Dulce something."  Sorry, I'm getting old!

new boquete dulce coffee shop jpeg.jpg

Edited by Moderator_02
modified the title a bit to fit the real name

Thanks Siempre.

Marcelyn and I had to go unexpectedly to David this afternoon (don't ask), and on our return to Boquete we stopped by this new coffee shop. The name is Delicias Chiriquí. The owner is Oscar, along with his partner, whom we did not meet. The chef is not Oscar's wife, also not met. Oscar has been in business one week as of today, and is from Venezuela. There probably is a story there, but we didn't inquire further because he was busy taking care of us and other customers.

The menu is on the wall. Here is a (admittedly poor quality) photo that was stitched together from some quick grab shots. Oscar sounded like he would fix just about anything a customer asked for, assuming he had the ingredients. He also mentioned offering a limited  breakfast menu. We did not ask about the hours of operation, but assume early morning to late evening.

Menu.thumb.jpg.d9797b8b26eaa2d40c22fe03c27b69b1.jpg

And here is Oscar, who speaks good English (although we talked in my poor Spanglish):

Oscar.thumb.jpg.84c55fe414dc797894763ed9858c686c.jpg

And then the business sign over the entrance door:

58a25249a5f43_DeliciasSign.thumb.jpg.f9a2674f2aba347f3d40f3b3a0be8105.jpg

And finally, a panorama of the store front. I had to stand very close because of the cars being parked so close, but you get the idea what the coffee shop looks like.

58a252447d39c_DeliciasChiriquipanorama.thumb.jpg.f3150c0c3a899047a5d50cdc522372d7.jpg

On 2/13/2017 at 7:51 PM, Bud said:

Thanks Siempre.

Marcelyn and I had to go unexpectedly to David this afternoon (don't ask), and on our return to Boquete we stopped by this new coffee shop. The name is Delicias Chiriquí. The owner is Oscar, along with his partner, whom we did not meet. The chef is not Oscar's wife, also not met. Oscar has been in business one week as of today, and is from Venezuela. There probably is a story there, but we didn't inquire further because he was busy taking care of us and other customers.

The menu is on the wall. Here is a (admittedly poor quality) photo that was stitched together from some quick grab shots. Oscar sounded like he would fix just about anything a customer asked for, assuming he had the ingredients. He also mentioned offering a limited  breakfast menu. We did not ask about the hours of operation, but assume early morning to late evening.

Menu.thumb.jpg.d9797b8b26eaa2d40c22fe03c27b69b1.jpg

And here is Oscar, who speaks good English (although we talked in my poor Spanglish):

Oscar.thumb.jpg.84c55fe414dc797894763ed9858c686c.jpg

And then the business sign over the entrance door:

58a25249a5f43_DeliciasSign.thumb.jpg.f9a2674f2aba347f3d40f3b3a0be8105.jpg

And finally, a panorama of the store front. I had to stand very close because of the cars being parked so close, but you get the idea what the coffee shop looks like.

58a252447d39c_DeliciasChiriquipanorama.thumb.jpg.f3150c0c3a899047a5d50cdc522372d7.jpg

Bud,

Either my eyesight is going or they just added the sign above the door!  I only saw the sign in the window! 

Lunch too!

Interesting menu, no prices .....  I guess if you have to ask.....

• 3 months later...

It appears that Oscar's Delicias Chiriqui is more than just a coffee and sandwich shop. Apparently it has branched off into being a bakery as well.

At a recent birthday celebration, there was a birthday cake like none that many of the celebrants had ever seen (or tasted) before. It was wonderful. Moist, not too sweet, full of "Decllcias" (pardon the play on words) flavors, colorful, etc., etc.

Here are two pictures of the birthday cake:

2017-05-28 15.57.03.jpg

2017-05-28 17.45.24.jpg

And here is a handwritten note describing the name of the cake:

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

BTW, the birthday party was this past weekend for Penny Barrett. The next time you see Penny, give her a hug and best wishes for another banner year.