Help for when you are going Nuts trying to find Nuts and Bolts

Bud

There are a lot of hardware stores in our area, and they all carry various sizes and styles of screws, nuts, bolts, washers, etc. Needing some uncommon size nuts and bolts for a minor repair on our emergency generator, I got tired of going from hardware store to hardware store, both in Boquete and in David, with no luck in finding everything that was needed. A couple of the attendants in some of the stores that I visited kept mentioning the same name for "the place" to go for specialty screws, nuts and bolts, etc. That name was TorniCentro, which is located in David. (El tornillo is the Spanish word for screw, bolt, nut, etc.)

Yesterday we found TorniCentro, and are we ever so thankful. Not only did they have exactly what was needed, but the attendant was incredibly helpful, friendly, immediately understood -- all in English -- what I was trying to fix, and produced said items in less than 2 minutes.

If you need nuts, bolts, screws, and similar type of hardware store items that you cannot find in your local store, then give TorniCentro a try. TorniCentro SA is located on Avenida Obaldia, fairly close to Rodelag and on the same side of the road as Rodelag, and in the same building complex as Felipe Rodríguez tires. Across the street is a Delta filling station, and a jumble of streets that intersect in a triangle. TorniCentro's telephone is 775-5313.

My total bill was less than $6.00.

Here is a picture of the storefront.

store front cropped.png

• Upvote 1

• Moderators

A regular CL reader (non-member) sent additional information about TorniCentro via email.

Here is TorniCentro's website (en español, naturalmente): http://www.tornicentro.net/

P.S., this kind of posting on CL was a first for us, but what the hey. 9_9

Subject: Screwed trying to find Bolts and nuts.
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 05:40:33 -0600
To: support@chiriqui.life

Hola Bud,
Saw the post and wanted to send their website link. It has info and importantly a map.
As the one who is always spending time fixing everything while Nena visits with family, finding TorniCentro was heaven. Here in Texas we have Lowes and HomeDepot for most fix-it help but Panama has a bewildering collection of devices from everywhere making the DIY task very challenging.

Anyway, I love the place and wanted to share the link.

Ciao.
jim and nena
Fort Worth, TX

Edited by Admin_01
to swap out a phrase for the correct Spanish phrase

On 1/28/2017 at 1:14 PM, Bud said:

If you need nuts, bolts, screws, and similar type of hardware store items that you cannot find in your local store, then give TorniCentro a try. TorniCentro SA is located on Avenida Obaldia, fairly close to Rodelag and on the same side of the road as Rodelag, and in the same building complex as Felipe Rodríguez tires. Across the street is a Delta filling station, and a jumble of streets that intersect in a triangle. TorniCentro's telephone is 775-5313.

A similar store specializing in fasteners and tools is Tornillos y Accessorios located on Calle F Sur, diagonal to the Nissan dealership.

Datos de contacto

• location_on Dirección: Calle F Sur, Frente A Las Oficinas Del Mop Diagonal A Panamotor, San Mateo
    location_on Ciudad o Municipio: David
    location_on Departamento, Estado o provincia: Chiriquí
    location_on País: Panamá
  • phoneTeléfono: +(507) (7) 7748027

On 1/29/2017 at 8:18 AM, Pat said:

Jim and Nena if you read posts on CL, why don't you become members?  Ciao. Pat.

Hi Pat,

Not really a regular reader, more of a dumbing around on the web kind of reader. Sometimes a web search of Panama news ends up here. As I wrote in my email, our visits over the last 47 years to Panama consist of Nena visiting with primos while I fix everything in the house of the primo. Fixing leaky plumbing is my specialty.

jim

• Administrators
1 hour ago, JimAndNena said:

Hi Pat,

Not really a regular reader, more of a dumbing around on the web kind of reader. Sometimes a web search of Panama news ends up here. As I wrote in my email, our visits over the last 47 years to Panama consist of Nena visiting with primos while I fix everything in the house of the primo. Fixing leaky plumbing is my specialty.

jim

Welcome aboard, even if only intermittently.

1 hour ago, Roger B said:

Hey Jim

Join the site.  Some of your old friends from the other site are hanging around here and still exchanging notes and information without the name calling and sterile discussions.

Hola Roger!  I do see some familiar "faces" in the posts. I looked at the other site today, OMG.  The first post I saw was Greg Meyer posting as Glen Fraser complete with bad grammar and vulgar/obscene language. Much better atmosphere here.