Cannot access the site

JoJo

This webpage has a redirect loop

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS
Reload
Hide details
The webpage at http://www.chiriqui.life/new-content has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.

Learn more about this problem.

4 minutes ago, JoJo said:

Have cleared the cookies etc but that was not the problem. I use Chrome as my browser, never a problem before. I'm not real computer savvy so will need help. I sure don't want to lose access to this site.

Thanks in advance.

Okay, I think I've figured it out. No New Content tab. Now it's All Activity, then I have to click on Unread Content. New icon on my desktop now. I personally liked the old look, but this looks like it may be more user friendly once I learn my way around once again. 

• Administrators

JoJo,

We definitely understand about the dismay of finding things dramatically different. We are proud of you for pushing forward. Had we been able to avoid it, please know that we absolutely would have gone down that path -- it just wasn't an option for consideration.

Thank you for doing the slugging. Hang in there. We believe that we are taking CL in a good direction, but the final judgment comes not from us, but rather our members. Keep the feedback coming in. We are here trying to help our community.

Bud, the one thing I noticed so far that is gone is being able to mouse over a post to see what it's about. Some titles of the posts don't tell you much about the content. I found that to be a useful tool.

The other thing I noticed is that now the original post doesn't contain all the replies in once place. Each reply seems to be separate and using up space on the page.

I also noticed that when I click on the emotions it brings up a blank screen asking for CODE. ???

Otherwise I'll get used to the Plain Jane look of the site. I've never had a problem with the speed of the page loading like apparently some have but I access the site on a desktop computer and that may be why.

• Administrators

JoJo,

Thanks again for your feedback. We are aware of the text edit icon tools are synch'd incorrectly. For a temporary solution, hover your mouse over the 4th through 7th icons and the mouse-over tips will correctly indicate their function.

We are checking into the other issues you identify. All of our members are benefiting by your feedback.

Thank you.

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, JoJo said:

The other thing I noticed is that now the original post doesn't contain all the replies in once place. Each reply seems to be separate and using up space on the page.

JoJo,

We cannot replicate this kind of display problem. When we go into a topic that has many replies, we see each reply below the prior replies all in chronological order as they should be, and all of the replies are immediately below the first posting (technically speaking, the first posting in a forum is called the topic posting).

Can you confirm that you actually are inside the topic within a forum, as opposed to some sort of summary mode?