A lot has happened since I wrote this post in 2009. If you are interested in a little history of the importance of today in Panama, here is a post from the past. 

http://www.chiriquichatter.net/blog/2009/11/04/flag-day-in-panama-2/

Here is the comment I left today on the post.

This post is an old post. A lot has changed since 2009, when I wrote it. I do have a copy of "The Path Between the Seas". It is a fantastic book and everyone that is interested in Panama should read it. 

I have as much love and admiration for the country and its people now as I ever had. Every day that I get up I still wonder what new adventure lies in front of me.

November is a month of celebrations, parades and remembrances of a historical past. Viva Panama. 

It has been six years since I posted this piece on Panama's Flag Day. I hope to be around in six more years sharing friendships (old and new) with all Panamanians and Panama residents in this month's festivities.

Great Book on Panama history and the canal:  Path Between the Seas by David McCullough.  I strongly recommend reading it . You can find it in bookstores and as well used at the BookMark and as well on Amazon.com.  Why that came to mind is the book tells the story of how the flag you see there  became the flag of Panama.  The history of Panama is pretty interesting....at least I thought so.

• Upvote 1