In transferring from one Copa flight to another in Panama City, we found the staff friendly and helpful. All scheduled flights departed on time! Have heard horror stories about navigating through Tocumen, but we experienced none of this.

We have traveled from David to PC via Air Panama, but now find Copa a better choice for meeting our needs.

COPA is a much better choice if you have connections in Tocumen. If you have business in the city, then the $30 taxi fee has to be take into consideration. Also, it is wise to have a known person pick you up. Many taxi's have had their passengers robbed. Sometimes it was persons who had filed out forms on the plane stating how much money they were bring into Panama.

I've never had any issues with taxi's luckily!! Last visit heading back to Tocumen had to fly Air Panama bc I booked last minute and Copa was filled for the flight I needed. Anyway, needed to take a taxi and the guy originally quoted me $35, which I said no $25, (this btw was all in Spanish) so he came back with $30. I said no- $25 and wouldn't budge. He threw his arms up in the air and said fine $25 cursing me under his breath as we walked to his car. So I asked if it was ok to sit in the front when we got in and he said ok. I then asked him his name and proceeded to carry on a conversation with him in my best Spanish. We chatted away the whole ride and when he dropped me off gave me his card for future pick ups and gave me a hug when we said good bye.

I had to chuckle because he went from cursing me under his breath for chewing him down in price to hugging me at the end of the ride. This btw is what I love about Panamanians, the warmth and easy going nature they have with people who care to engage with them one on one. It also goes to show what learning a bit of Spanish can do. Thought I'd share that little story. I have a ton btw!!   :))

I am ever vigilant with taxi drivers, mainly because I don't want to get ripped off for the fare. Now I'll be mindful of not get ripped off period. Thanks for the head's up!!