Animal fundraiser

NewsLady

3 hours ago, Keith Woolford said:

The new Ministry of Health center located on the southbound section of the Via Boquete in Los Anastacios.

image.jpeg

Oh, that place!  I know where that is.  I'm glad it's close by.  I wonder if it is a good hospital, since it is very convenient.  Is it a branch of Regional or private?

This event is for everyone interested in helping with the spaying, neutering, rescuing, and fostering of animals in David and outlying areas. Now, many animal activists in David bring animals to the Boquete clinics, but they recognize that they need a clinic locally to reach more pet owners. And the rescuers need help with medical and food bills.

I went to one of these fundraisers at Lulu's farm a couple of years ago, and it was great fun. This year's event would appear to be even better--with microbrewed beer and food from Smokin' Mama's. On site are an older farmhouse as well as a new house that Lulu has built, along with a lot of outside space. One of my favorite aspects of the location is that it's the nursery for Lulu's Tropical Plants in David, and Lulu has agreed to sell directly from the nursery.

No entrance fee. Only donations. This is a great way to spend a day. The hours aren't specified, but I believe it will begin around midday, i.e., 11:00 until . . . .

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Bonnie said:

. This year's event would appear to be even better--with microbrewed beer and food from Smokin' Mama's.

Micro-brewed beer and burgers and ribs from Smokin' Mama's. What could be better and that's what I'm going for.

4 hours ago, Penny said:

Micro-brewed beer and burgers and ribs from Smokin' Mama's. What could be better and that's what I'm going for.

The ad says 100% angus burgers (he grinds his own meat) and chicken wings. Nothing about ribs. But who knows?

Edited by Bonnie

Directions to this event are small and therefore hard to read in the ad. I have reproduced them below:

Coming down from Boquete, a little after the new Minsa Hospital, there is an intersection. Take a right and continue for 2.5 km. You will see a sign on a bus stop that reads “Las Tinajas.” Turn right and go 1.2 km.  Turn left at the gravel road on the left. Continue to the end of that road and turn left on the gravel road at the bottom of the hill. Right after the creek, the farm is on the left.

There will be balloons and signs placed along the roadways.