We have a "parking situation" here in Boquete;  i.e. where do I park while I pick up mail or run into the grocery store for a couple of items? Even delivery trucks have to park in the middle of the street causing congestion and delays. Plus there are the safety issues and traffic blockages from double parking. Parking meters might work. Ouch!  Bad solution? Not in favor of meters but...

What's the answer?  More people are moving into the area.

No problem unless you're loaded down with groceries. Or are disabled.

Does anyone know if the new market will create some parking spaces? Will all the vendors who take up parking spaces around Romero be required to move to the market to sell their stuff (fish, vegetables, flowers, fast food)?

Wait...I was a newcomer once.  In fact does 8+ yrs here even qualify me as an oldcomer.  I don't mind the 5 blocks of walking.  I carry an umbrella and have the luxury of finding a parking space I can park my vehicle in ...easily.  Yup the luggin of the groceries can be problematic....that's a drag.

Our Yaris has soooo many battle scars from the curb.  So does my husband as I repeatedly give him sh**. for each new one. Now, there are so many I don't care anymore.   Parking in town is like self inflicted demolition derby !!  (gotta be extra careful if you bolt out to run across the street that you don't fall on your face with the un-level asphalt !!!!!)

I seem to remember that David has not implemented their parking meters, maybe Keith or someone can chime in on that.  As for parking in Boquete, I drive a beat up 4 wheel drive nissan truck.  What's one more dent, and I can park pretty much anywhere!

• Upvote 1

Our very first dent in our then new  pick up is in the shape of two cops on a bike.  Bill stopped then made a quick left turn and they plowed into the rear quarter panel. Dent's still there.   There was on the spot negotiation and hand shakes and we were off. ( after the initial attempts to scare the cr** outta Bill ) OK,  Bill stopped too fast on a turn and they were traveling too close to our tail.  It was both of our faults...so ...hand shakes and off we went.  Yup...tough baptism of our new truck....