Collection of General Information and Maps

Bill Hazel

I have been putting together a spreadsheet named PanamaLinks containing links to many different categories of information useful to those living or visiting Panama.

It includes collections on tabs such as:

• Classified - On-line classified sites
  • Forums/Blogs - Where you'll find a link to Chiriqui Life
  • Shop - On-line sites for Panama retailers
  • Travel - Airlines, busses, The Metro
  • Maps - Volcan, David
  • Government - Both Panamanian and foreign
  • Shipping - Companies that ship either to or withing Panama
  • News - On-line sources for news in English
  • Nuts & Bolts - How to dos for different processes here in Panama
  • Misc - as the name implies

I am always on the lookout for useful new links. If you see anything missing or incorrect, please let me know and I'll update the file.

Edited by Admin_01
corrected spelling of tag entry
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

The management of this website is attempting to integrate Bill Hazel's information into a dedicated "channel". Bill has a lot of good information. We are working to make it available to a much larger audience. It is just taking more time than we would like. Stay tuned for more information. We will definitely get it done.

• Administrators

The PanamaLinks "database" compiled by Bill Hazel has now been uploaded as a PDF file into the "Downloads" channel of this website. After doing this and noodling the end result, we are not really convinced that there is added value.

The two sides of the coin: Bill's information is in a spreadsheet format and stored on Google. It is readily accessible, and probably more easily accessible directly from Google. Further, if he were to update that information, then it would not be necessary to propagate those updates to other copies. On the other hand, there may be an issue for some in that they may not have a spreadsheet application that can present the information, whereas a PDF document is generally universally accessible by any device worldwide.

And so I leave everyone with a question: Should CL continue to have Bill's information on this website (in PDF format), or should we just keep pointing everyone to Google?

Responses to the above question would be preferred within this topic, but you may also send an email to support@chiriqui.life if you choose. And should Bill Hazel respond with his thoughts, his perspective would be given priority.

I's suggest leaving the list OFF the website, and allowing the original creator to update in Google.

Bill, thanks for putting this list together.  As a relatively new resident, what took us the longest to figure out was the location of specific shops in David - for example, Casa del Cerdo for pork, the fish markets, beef places, the new produce market, etc.  Any way you could create a map that shows where these resources are?

• 3 months later...
On 11/15/2015 at 8:48 AM, Sheila Strunk said:

I's suggest leaving the list OFF the website, and allowing the original creator to update in Google.

Bill, thanks for putting this list together.  As a relatively new resident, what took us the longest to figure out was the location of specific shops in David - for example, Casa del Cerdo for pork, the fish markets, beef places, the new produce market, etc.  Any way you could create a map that shows where these resources are?

I am always looking for new links/places to add. Trouble is I don't know where these places are that you mention. If you mark the location in Google Maps (See HowTo Mark and Share a Location in Google Maps for a tutorial) and share via this forum, I'll add them to the existing map.

Bill

On 10/9/2015 at 7:37 AM, Bill Hazel said:

I have been putting together a spreadsheet named PanamaLinks containing links to many different categories of information useful to those living or visiting Panama.

It includes collections on tabs such as:

• Classified - On-line classified sites
  • Forums/Blogs - Where you'll find a link to Chiriqui Life
  • Shop - On-line sites for Panama retailers
  • Travel - Airlines, busses, The Metro
  • Maps - Volcan, David
  • Government - Both Panamanian and foreign
  • Shipping - Companies that ship either to or withing Panama
  • News - On-line sources for news in English
  • Nuts & Bolts - How to dos for different processes here in Panama
  • Misc - as the name implies

I am always on the lookout for useful new links. If you see anything missing or incorrect, please let me know and I'll update the file.

If you know the location of other points of interest and share using Google Maps (See HowTo Mark and Share a Location in Google Maps for a tutorial), I will add them when I get a chance.

Bill

• 1 year later...

Hello Bill,

My wife and I are hoping to come to live in Boquete as soon as we can sell our house here in South Africa. I know that the majority of ex pats in the area are either from the USA or Canada so your knowledge/ experience is mainly from that side. However would you happen to know which reputable removal companies operate in Panama that we could perhaps use for our household items from here?

Rgds,

Bob Hopkin

FYI - I don't post much anywhere but I do edit the PanamaLinks  web-page,.

In fact I have edited it 22 times since February 2016. As always, I am looking for new links of general use. Please let me know if you have any you would like added.

I would be especially interested in moving companies that ship OUT of Panama. It is a question that pops up fairly often and I have never seen an actual recommendation.

Edited by Bill Hazel
  • Upvote 1