Question about Bach Flower remedy for pets

I haven't found the Bach to very effective. I have one dog that you'd never know is Panamanian. I got her when she was a puppy so I know she wasn't abused. But when she's outside and it rains a drop, she's banging on the door, "Let me in, let me in!" With a heavy rain, she trembles and won't leave my side. And with thunder and lightening, I think she's going to have a heart attack! Heavy panting, shaking all over...I've given her the Bach right away but I haven't seen any improvement.

I recently read about giving dogs phosphorus 30c to combat fearfulness in those situations. I just ordered some 30X from Amazon, which is stronger than the C. So we will see.

• Administrators

Admin_01 note: this topic originally was posted as replies in a separate topic. Because these postings are tightly related to the same subject and incidental to the main subject of the other postings in the original topic, these replies have been split off into this new topic.

The members involved in the above postings have been notified via private message here on CL as to this action.

I don't believe the Rescue Remedy has any safety issues.  It worked for my dog when we first moved here, but I save it for when nothing else works because it made her REALLY mellow and I felt a little guilty about it.  I had also bought a Thundershirt and found that it works very well.  She almost asks to have me put it on her when the thunder becomes frightening.  It's like swaddling a baby.