What, when, why, where - how come this is so difficult

I have such a hard time understanding why people who want to advertise something can not remember the 4 W's.  WHERE is i think the most common W that is forgotten (but penny could probably tells us more accurately), business and restaurant owners must think they are really special and everyone knows where they are located.  For example, I know it can get - 35% discount (what), for lunch in June (when),  probably because business is slow (why). But I have no clue as to where except a name that resembles an Italian cheese.  I guess I should go to Italy and start looking around. 

:-). Chris

• Upvote 2

• Administrators

Chris, I have to respond. I have always heard of the Five "W's" -- who, what, where, when, and why, not four. But I am not quibbling here. The three most important are what, when, where; who is slightly less important; why would be the least important.

Penny has a "no do-overs" policy for this very reason for emails distributed via News Boquete. This is an ongoing problem. Maybe eventually the community will become a bit more sensitive, and then more responsible. It is amazing how many times someone sends something in with, for instance, Monday, June 9th (referring to this week, which has no Monday falling on June 9th because there is no such date. Or missing where. Or missing what. Sometimes it is comical. But it is always wasted energy and resources.

Your reference here is the Parmigiano Restaurant. (I am not affiliated with them, other than as a satisfied customer on occasion.) It is located in Boquete, on the main street, about 25 or 30 meters south (toward David) of the Fish House (which is across from Sugar and Spice).

Occasionally the Newslady sends back an email waiting for distribution because its omissions are  so glaring that it just wastes the news.boquete time and bandwidth and would burden 1850 some inboxes with useless email. Having said that, it's really not the Newslady's job to proofread emails for content and accuracy. The smart people who want their email to have some effect, will proofread and respect the resources of news.boquete. The rest usually fail in their endeavors or business.

• Upvote 1

Dear People, I'm so sorry to have omitted important information, when posting news of Parmigiano's 35% discount for lunch dishes on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, ending June 30, 2016. Beverages are not included in this offer. This offer cannot be combined with any other discount or offer.

Parmigiano Restaurant is located in Boquete, diagonally across from Sugar and Spice, on the right side of the road, just after The Fish House, when leaving town and driving toward David. Conversely, it is approximately 300 meters after Hotel Fundadores, on the left, when entering Boquete, driving from David. I take full responsibility for this oversight. 'Twasn't Penny's doing or Parmigiano's, for that matter. I wrote the blurb and posted it. Thank you for your patience. Barbara Phillips, Alto Dorado, Boquete, Chiriqui, Panamá.

• Upvote 5

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Barbara said:

Dear People, I'm so sorry to have omitted important information, when posting news of Parmigiano's 35% discount for lunch dishes on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, ending June 30, 2016. Beverages are not included in this offer. This offer cannot be combined with any other discount or offer.

Parmigiano Restaurant is located in Boquete, diagonally across from Sugar and Spice, on the right side of the road, just after The Fish House, when leaving town and driving toward David. Conversely, it is approximately 300 meters after Hotel Fundadores, on the left, when entering Boquete, driving from David. I take full responsibility for this oversight. 'Twasn't Penny's doing or Parmigiano's, for that matter. I wrote the blurb and posted it. Thank you for your patience. Barbara Phillips, Alto Dorado, Boquete, Chiriqui, Panamá.

Barbara,

A sincere thank you for your posting that both apologized and clarified. The manner in which you handled this unintentional oversight ended up being a win-win for everyone. A stand-up job; well done. :)