Wanted - Engraver for metal dog tags

I think this is a great idea. I have never been able to find a source for these tags in Panama. A long time ago I had a friend in Boquete whose daughter was a vet in San Jose, C.R. She got me some of these tags through her daughter. Funny story -- I had a german shepherd mix dog named Daisy who was the smartest thing on 4 legs. Daisy really belonged to the town as she would leave every morning on her rounds of leading backpackers down hiking trails and tourists through the El Explorador Garden pathways. She would always come home in time for dinner. After I put the tag on her I would get at least 3 or 4 calls a week about Daisy being on the sidewalk downtown or wherever. I would just say to leave her alone and she would come home. I finally took the tag off her as it was too much trouble explaining to folks that she was just on her walk about.

What a generous offer , MariElaine. We were just looking for that service.

Last month we discovered "The American Pet Store" in the small building adjacent to Allbrook Airport in Panama City.

On the right, just before you pull into the entrance door of the airport..

New , modern and all kinds of supplies including crates, doggie gates etc. Groomers working away too.

They had a very nice selection of "tags" and the machine to etch them.

We got 2 for our new pup.

2 hours ago, Penny said:

I think this is a great idea. I have never been able to find a source for these tags in Panama. A long time ago I had a friend in Boquete whose daughter was a vet in San Jose, C.R. She got me some of these tags through her daughter. Funny story -- I had a german shepherd mix dog named Daisy who was the smartest thing on 4 legs. Daisy really belonged to the town as she would leave every morning on her rounds of leading backpackers down hiking trails and tourists through the El Explorador Garden pathways. She would always come home in time for dinner. After I put the tag on her I would get at least 3 or 4 calls a week about Daisy being on the sidewalk downtown or wherever. I would just say to leave her alone and she would come home. I finally took the tag off her as it was too much trouble explaining to folks that she was just on her walk about.

Daisy was simply the best dog I ever met, and I've had some good dogs of my own. In addition to everything Penny, wrote, Daisy also smiled--turned up her front upper lip--when she was glad to see you. I still miss seeing her at Penny's and around town and think about her often.

• Administrators
16 hours ago, MarieElaine said:

While this is a long shot, I thought I would try to find one.  I would like to sell dog tags (and cat tags) at the weekly market with all proceeds going to ARF.  Anyone have an engraver they would like to get rid of?

Marie

If you do start providing such a service, you might want to have our pet resource listing updated. Just let us know.

Check out this topic: http://www.chiriqui.life/topic/2354-pet-care-resources-of-the-chiriqui-province-pet-abuse/