Please see below,  the giant anthill on Palmira Abajo Road, where we put GR Greenacide in one application into this front hole.  There were thousands of teeming ants there about a month ago.  Please note that there is not one visible ant there today.  The hill was much taller before the 5 inches of rain we have received this week.  GR Greenacide is a blend of garlic and forest leaves-no chemicals! 

DSC00869.JPG

They have simply moved to a new location. The weight of ants in the world exceeds the weight of humans by a factor of 100 and they have been around for 500 million years. Humans, at best 1 million.. To them, you are a minor pest, easily avoided. 

3 minutes ago, MarkoBoquete said:

They have simply moved to a new location. The weight of ants in the world exceeds the weight of humans by a factor of 100 and they have been around for 500 million years. Humans, at best 1 million.. To them, you are a minor pest, easily avoided. 

Who and why would anyone study ants to the point of determining their collective weight as compared to humans. Not doubting you, but thinking that there are better things on which to spend one's time.

5 hours ago, Bud said:

Who and why would anyone study ants to the point of determining their collective weight as compared to humans. Not doubting you, but thinking that there are better things on which to spend one's time.

So, what are these "better things on which to spend one's time", Bud? 

Betty, I apologize for my snippy comment about the futility of fighting ants. My gardener insists that they can be defeated by pouring gasoline into their entrances and setting them on fire, which is equally  unpleasant an ineffective. Your solution sounds a lot more pleasant and I'll give it a try. 

8 hours ago, Esther said:

So, what are these "better things on which to spend one's time", Bud?

Anything but counting ants.

32 minutes ago, MarkoBoquete said:

Betty, I apologize for my snippy comment about the futility of fighting ants. My gardener insists that they can be defeated by pouring gasoline into their entrances and setting them on fire, which is equally  unpleasant an ineffective. Your solution sounds a lot more pleasant and I'll give it a try.

Mark, I too apologize for what Marcelyn told me could be interpreted as my snippy response to your above posting about the 500 million years. Being snippy was not my intention. Please forgive me.

Don't worry, Mark.  Any time you might like to try our Greeacide, just let me know.  We had ants eating our Gardenias and I thought my gardener had taken a weedeater to them.  They were cut in straight lines.  He told me that the ants were coming from a neighbors property so I sent him up there to kill them.  So far our gardenias are doing a lot better.  That was at least 6 months ago.