Marcelyn, I really can't comment about how much this would help the agricultural area. And frankly, I don't have a problem with the road between Concepcion and Volcan as it now exists with its beautiful views. Sometimes a long line of cars is behind a VERY slow-moving truck, so for better safety (for those in a BIG hurry) perhaps the government could create a few widened passing areas. That would be a lot less expensive than a four-lane road.

As an aside, a year or two ago a huge cold-storage plant was built to keep veges fresh prior to shipping but as far as I know, it has never been operational.

On Friday, April 29, 2016 at 7:26 PM, Dottie Atwater said:

Marcelyn, I really can't comment about how much this would help the agricultural area. And frankly, I don't have a problem with the road between Concepcion and Volcan as it now exists with its beautiful views. Sometimes a long line of cars is behind a VERY slow-moving truck, so for better safety (for those in a BIG hurry) perhaps the government could create a few widened passing areas. That would be a lot less expensive than a four-lane road.

As an aside, a year or two ago a huge cold-storage plant was built to keep veges fresh prior to shipping but as far as I know, it has never been operational.

I think there was also one (cold-storage plant) built in Potrerillo Acequia which has never been used.  I read somewhere that the previous administration contracted for these with an apparent financial gain in mind.