Can I bring a security system through customs?

I thought I read, or heard, that someone bringing some kind of electronics through Tocuman had it confiscated. I'm interested in having someone bring a camera survelance system to us from the States but wondering if it is allowed. Does anyone have this information or an idea of where I can go to get it?

23 minutes ago, JudyS said:

I have brought in laptops and DVD players with no issue.  Probably best to take it out of the box so it doesn't look brand new.

Good thinking about the box. Everything I read says they should be able to get it in but I rememnber something about someone having an issue. Maybe it was quantity.

Yes both quantity and packaging are important.   If the item(s) look like you could be selling them (or reselling them), you could  run into an issue.   I had an issue bring in 24 decks of playing cards because of both quantity and the fact they were all still in the wrapper.   Anything that gets x-rayed as a solid mass is sure to get extra attention as well.   Personal electronics are common and should not be a worry as long as it looks like something you use and it not still in the cellophane wrapper or box.

Edited by Twin Wolf Technology Group

LOL - no strip poker tournaments but I have "lost my shirt" a time or two.  

We have a Texas Hold'em poker game here in Boquete twice a week (Tuesday & Friday) with both men and women.   One night we play a spread limit game and the other night we play a no limit game.    Anyone interested in joining our group should send me a message and I can give you all the latest details as well as the upcoming game location.

• Upvote 1