Question of the Day - Restaurant Survivability?

Marcelyn

13 hours ago, Doug Tyler said:

Some very sage advice and comments here. My 2 centavos. I feel Casa Vieja will make it through service, word of mouth and maybe Michelle is capable of accepting advice. Mar del Grau deserves a chance. Try it out. Two Sailors is right on with their list except for Mango's new iteration. Craig and Maureen were shafted there by the building's owner. So will the new operators be. We won't go there because they illegally manipulate jubilados. Same goes for Retrogusto.

Doug,  I agree 100 percent.

On 4/23/2016 at 6:50 PM, Bonnie said:

Interesting and valid perspective, John, and one I can relate to. I spent 30 years as head of a state department that was known for good performance and low turnover. I always hired carefully, paid as well as I could within the state budgetary framework, and let the employees shine. I had to let very few employees go in those thirty years. Several were with me from the beginning, and others have passed or are approaching their own thirty year mark. When anyone complimented me on what a good job I was doing, I always said, "It's easy to look good when you have a staff like mine."

Bonnie, you sound like an ideal manager.