Is it a Latin American tradition that restaurants are open at the whim of the owners? I can't count the number of times I have gone to a restaurant on a day of the week I know the restaurant to have been opened in the past and found it to be closed. At best, this is annoying. At worst, it poses significant logistical problems when a number of persons have arranged to meet at a restaurant that then inexplicably is closed. Usually there are not posted hours, but sometimes they are closed on days they say they are open.

How about the pharmacy at Hospital Chiriqui?  It says on the door "open 24 hours".  But when I stuck my head in the window and asked if they were open (doors locked at 7 a.m.), they said they were closed.  Go figure.

A little off topic, but it seems that Fish House has changed from corvina to tilapia as their "standard" for many plates including fish and chips.  You can get corvina substituted for about $3 difference, and even at the higher price it's still a bargain compared to other places in town.   We're not big fans of tilapia.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Woody said:

A little off topic, but it seems that Fish House has changed from corvina to tilapia as their "standard" for many plates including fish and chips.  You can get corvina substituted for about $3 difference, and even at the higher price it's still a bargain compared to other places in town.   We're not big fans of tilapia.

Woody:

Nothing like the real stuff.  Corvina is Corvina.  Excuse me but I am craving for a delicious Ceviche the Corvina bought fresh at the Mercado del Marisco in Panama City.