Help Amigos de Animales feed needy local dogs and cats

NewsLady

0-Animales%20Logo-circular-sm2.png

Please help us feed needy local dogs and cats

Hello,

Last Monday I went for a ride-along with Ruby McKenzie, Jane Pahler, and her son Gabriel, as they delivered dog and cat food to people in need.  It was a rainy and dreary morning but that did not dampen our spirits or that of the people we met.

We were in places of Boquete that I had never been to and visited with people who clearly lived with very little.  But these were some of the kindest and most generous people I have ever met.

Sra Anays and her girls feed and care for at least 20 cats – all of whom except one seem to be related!  The pride she takes in her endeavor was apparent in the big smile on her face when she saw us and showed us all her cats – and chickens.

IMG_5247.jpg
IMG_5258.jpg

Sra Carmen and her husband Virgilio feed as many dogs and cats as come by her house, as well as the chickens.

Another woman has many dogs in her care and has a blind cat sanctuary that she maintains with the help of Kirsten Quimby.

IMG_5305.jpg
IMG_5295.jpg

Sra Uva, who clearly loves Ruby, was thrilled to see us and talk about all her animals.

We went to a cat haven far up in Los Naranjos to drop off food for the many cats that live there, all of whom looked well fed and happy.

IMG_5336rev.jpg
IMG_5322.jpg

These people are citizens of Boquete who you might never meet, who will never get awards or recognition for what they do, but they are the real backbone of our community.  They quietly feed and care for animals who have no one or anywhere to go.

This morning showed me – again – why Boquete is such a special place to live. I know I will feel extra grateful this Thanksgiving as I think of the quiet heroes who live amongst us.

Please help Amigos de Animales with our feeding program to ensure that we can continue to support these humble and caring people.  Your gift will ensure that we can continue into next year supporting them and supporting our community.

With our thanks,

Alicia McGuigan, President

Amigos de Animales Boquete

$10 per month will help feed 1 animal

IMG_5303.jpg
IMG_5524.jpg
IMG_5300.jpg
Pallet-rev.jpg

Amigos De Animales, Inc.

2733 Oak Ridge Ct Ste 104
Fort Myers, FL 33901

Email not displaying correctly?