Artisan Woodturnings return to the Tuesday market

NewsLady

After a six week absence due to medical issues, I will be returning to the Tuesday Market tomorrow, March 29.

I have a new selection of mostly smaller items, including some absolutely gorgeous bottle-stoppers which are not only used with wine bottles, but any vessel or bottle with a cork-size opening. This includes some of the larger olive oil and balsamic vinegar bottles, and even some cruets.  The tips are a food-grade silicone, and easy to clean.  This type of bottle stopper is designed to be pushed straight in,and pulled straight out.  The tip can be twisted off for a more thorough cleaning if you like.

$15 each, 2 for $25.  (Others available at $12 each, 2 for $20)

----------------------------------------------------------- 
Candle holders/stands & bowls: $10 and up.

And a very special turning/sculpture made from a coffee tree base from Hacienda Esmeralda. 

The coffee tree grew around a rock, and I named it "La Roca Abrazada."  (The Embraced Rock.) 

It is about 8inches across and 7inches tall.  $100

David van Harn

Cell Phone: 6706-7236

We have a  paperthin bowel (Like the lower left) we bought from you on our second trip to Boquete.  Friends remark about it on our coffee table, but to us it is hard to describe, as it represents the beauty of not just a bowl but of where we want to be once we retire.

Being paper thin and hard to describe never were on my list of traits or characteristics that I aspired to before I retired. Maybe I led a sheltered life or was overly naive. On the other hand, Penny tells me I need to get thicker skin. (Just playing wit ya here. ¬¬ )

Those are beautiful works of wood art. Al Mills also crafted great wood items. I assume he is still active in this field.

Even the photographic skills used to display those items is of high quality. Note the black backdrop, the soft lighting, the absence of harsh shadows, and the arrangement, etc. Done by someone who knows and cares. Above the average skill level.

There seems to be a large number of artisans here in Boquete, not just woodworks, but also music, the display arts, jewelry, etc. Aren't we lucky.

Penny,

Good catch. I missed that little nuance in the spelling. Yes, indeedy, a paper thin bowel would be a difficult health challenge. O.o

Come to think about it a bit more, a paper thin bowl would be a different kind of challenge, but less risky to good health.