Is there a Florida Notary in Boquete or David? If so, I could use your services for the Consulate Of Panama In---Miami. I need one document notarized.

Please message me or post in this topic..

Thanks,

Hil Jenkins

I start with a statement that I am not a lawyer, nor am I trained in matters legal.

I have been told repeatedly by people I believe to be highly qualified and competent in these kinds of notarial matters that it is absolutely of no value or legal standing to use a stateside notary service outside of the state boundaries in which that notary is authorized. The US Consulate can provide notarial services that should be acceptable in all 50 states and the territories of the US.

I am a notary. I general, US Notaries are not allowed to notarize anything outside of their jurisdiction ie: the state in which they are a notary. One can notarize an out of state document, but both the notary and person requesting the notary must both be physically in the notary's state at the time of the notarization. There are some video notaries that have popped up in some states over the last several years. However, many places will not accept a video notary as the laws are not clear on whether they are legally acceptable, so you should ask in advance if this will be accepted..

You can use a Panamaian notary for most anything and it will be accepted in the US.

This is from the Florida Department of State website:

May I notarize a signature without the person being present if another person swears that the person signed the document?

No! The Notary Section receives frequent inquiries about "notarizing a person's signature by subscribing witness." Evidently, some notaries believe that it is permissible to notarize a signature when the person is not present if someone who witnessed the signing of the document appears before the notary and swears that the person actually signed the document. Some states, like California, do, in fact, allow such notarizations, but Florida does not. Misunderstanding may also stem from a section in Florida law that provides a method by which instruments concerning real property may be entitled to recording in Florida when the document signer cannot appear before a notary to acknowledge his or her signature. You may hear this procedure referred to as "proof of execution by subscribing witness."