Your Morning Smile

• Moderators

Your Morning Smile

donkey.jpg

Posted 26/09/2021

In a recent sermon  Panama Archbishop Jose Domingo Ulloa referred to  the number of people in well-paying posts in  the government were hired without the skills or knowledge for the job.

The story in Newsroom elicited this item from a reader in New Zealand:

The King wanted to go fishing, and he asked the royal weather forecaster the forecast for the next few hours.

The palace meteorologist assured him that there was no chance of rain. So the King and the Queen went fishing.

On the way, he met a man with a fishing pole riding on a donkey, and he asked the man if the fish were biting. The fisherman said, “Your Majesty, you should return to the palace! In just a short time I expect a huge rainstorm."

e King replied: "I hold the palace meteorologist in high regard. He is an educated and experienced professional. Besides, I pay him very high wages. He gave me a very different forecast. I trust him." So the King continued on his way.

However, in a short time a torrential rain fell from the sky.The King and Queen were totally soaked. Furious, the King returned to the palace, and gave the order to fire the meteorologist.

Then he summoned the fisherman and offered him the prestigious position of royal forecaster. The fisherman said, “Your Majesty, I do not know anything about forecasting. I obtain my information from my donkey. If I see my donkey's ears drooping, it means with certainty that...it will rain."

So the King hired the donkey.

And thus began the practice of hiring dumb asses to work in influential positions of government.

The practice is unbroken to this date...

https://www.newsroompanama.com/news/your-morning-smile-4