Behind the masks - “What’s in it for me?”

• Moderators

Behind the masks - “What’s in it for me?”

Posted 23/09/2021

The Budget Commission of the National Assembly (AN) - which its president Benicio Robinson (PRD) has turned into his personal fiefdom, along with other unpresentable ones of the AN - has become a trap for blackmail. Most of its deputies only wait for Executive officials to attend to process the management of their budgets, when they fall into a gang, because in that commission the motto is "what’s in it for me?" The deputies openly practice political blackmail: first, they usually make claims about how abandoned their circuits are and then, in exchange for their votes, they wait for the officials to commit to doing works in their respective circuits or, otherwise, the deputies deny them?? what they have come to ask for. And the truth is that this role corresponds to other actors, but the deputies usurp it so that these works serve as a springboard for reelection, making the electorate see that, without their intervention, there would be no parks, streets, sidewalks, hospitals, or any other type of project. The Budget Commission of the AN is the stage where the deputies take off their masks and let us see the devious face of the political criminal. – LA PRENSA, Sep. 23.

https://www.newsroompanama.com/opinion/behind-the-masks-whats-in-it-for-me