new item at PriceSmart

PriceSmart has switched mayos from Kraft to Hellmann's.  For West Coasters, Hellmann's is Best Foods.  Same mayo, same company, just different names on the East Coast and the West Coast.  It's a larger container and a lower price.

Of course, they still have the gallon jars of Member's Selection

I asked my PriceSmart contact about why they made the change to Hellmann's mayo from Kraft.  My personal favorite is Hellmann's so I was delighted.  her answer is below.  So "vote" for you favorite by purchasing the one you like.

"Since we carry a limited selection of items, we have to be very judicious about the items we carry.  Of course we look to partner with manufacturers that support the quality and value philosophy at PSMT, and then the other side of that is seeing what our members want & need…and that is what we learn directly from the sales volume of the item.  We’ve carried Kraft for years but the Hellmann’s group made a strong case to be featured at PSMT…with the right combination of quality and value.  So we decided to launch Hellmann’s.  For now we are keeping both Kraft and Hellmann’s so that we can get a sense of which one members prefer, before we make any decisions on carrying one or the other."